Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Home for lost 914's ------picked up another 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif so I will show a few...

I think that this car will be mostly a parts car...floor pans gone, hell hole and tray shot and engine mounts gone....

really cool vin # 4742900900

hey it was free...just come over and pick it up, so 140 miles later, and can you help tow my car home as it locked up the transmission....sure no problem...hours later after getting the mustang on the trailer, rear wheels locked up....and a 50 mile drive...and removing the drive shaft to remove the car...load up the 914 and split....

I did get a really good hood and trunk lid that came off the same car as my flairs...good parts just keep going around...

hmmm...I wonder if I should just tow it up to Hershey for a sawsall party...??
The car even came with a list of people looking for parts....I will get to everyone shortly....
crash914
Other side view....
stateofidleness
so you wouldn't mind sending me a door latch cam then would you? smile.gif

cool find! i like the spoiler
type47
restore it! welder.gif it might be a creamcicle or a grasshopper biggrin.gif
crash914
I was thinking about a resto...

what you can't see in the pictures is the metal hanging down from the floors and around the suspension console..

there is also lots of rust in the trunk and at the sail panels..I was thinking that it gives me a core engine and transmission....

it looks like orginaly white, with a red over spray with a white top coat. I am not sure what the metal looks like underneath all that...
markwemple
I am seeing parts I wouldn't mind having.
atomix8
Congrats Herb, I saw that "free 914" ad on "the club" 2 days too late. That is 2 days too late to get myself into another project I don't have time for ;-)

It's terrible when I see a 'parts car' and I already start counting all the bits I want from it...and I haven't even started my 914 in 2 months! (Hey, it's cold here!)
rhodyguy
what kind of shape is the targe bar pad in? solid ends with no cracks in the field? interested. can't tell the wheels in the picts. what type?

k
plas76targa
hey Herb, I like that gt valence.. dibs?
crash914
Ok guys....I got to take a look at it in detail first...I would like to keep the car together if at all possible...

If i get some time this weekend, I will try to take a good look around and let you all know...
atomix8
Not trying to tear it apart, I'd love to see you restore it to driving condition! Sounds like the motor and tranny might be a bit of project, but if you're trying to just build a 'driver', you can probably get there without the greatest tranny & motor!

Hmmm, "track car" for your '73? Where do you track that? I'm eyeing Summit for my other car this spring smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jan 30 2008, 11:58 AM) *

really cool vin # 4742900900

and why haven't you entered that into our database yet? slap.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
crash914
Ok, dug into the car... Look at the rust along the longs.. yes that is the floor pan on the floor.
crash914
More rust...the engine sound pad traps lots of moisture...
crash914
to take a car apart, you need lots of help...

and screwdrivers.....
crash914
Hey that was my 1000th post.....!!!
rusty914
I love free porsches...thats how i got mine
pete914
It's crazy that thing once rolled off the lot looking better than any resto around today, and now, some thirty-years later it's reduced to rust.
Bummer
crash914
some more pictures. I wanted to remove the dash like the factory put it in..

also want to remove the wiring harness complete....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.