Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with vacuum lines for 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I have a '75 1.8 L-Jet with a 048 distributor. Despite taking numerous photos prior to disassembly, I can't figure out where one of the two vacuum lines from the distributor goes. The Pelican diagram shows them both going to the throttle body. The red line in the picture below is the 5mm ID line. Where does the line go from the green circled area. This is a smaller diameter line (4mm according to PP).

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
It goes to the other side of the throttle body. If there is no fitting on the other side of the throttle body, leave it unconnected. Or do what the factory did, which is hook a hose up to it and tuck the other end of the hose (unplugged!) down under the manifold.

--DD
Cevan
Dave, thanks for the reply. There was a short piece of hose connected to it (maybe 5 inches) but I couldn't find anywhere to hook it up to. That explains it.
ClayPerrine
One word of caution...

If you take it in for a state inspection, some tire monkey doing inspections will see the vacuum port that doesn't have anything connected and try to fail you for it. He will say that you have to have all of the vacuum lines hooked up to pass.... BTDT

So...avoid the stupid tire monkeys... hook a line up to it and tuck it under the intake plenum.

Cevan
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 1 2008, 11:44 AM) *

One word of caution...

If you take it in for a state inspection, some tire monkey doing inspections will see the vacuum port that doesn't have anything connected and try to fail you for it. He will say that you have to have all of the vacuum lines hooked up to pass.... BTDT

So...avoid the stupid tire monkeys... hook a line up to it and tuck it under the intake plenum.

It appears from the photos I took, that's the way it was done. I'll keep it the same way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.