Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How common are Mahle rims? And whats there value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Like the title says. Just how common are Mahle rims? I know they were an option for 73+ models. Also what is their value.? Say condition at worst has above average curb rash, but they are straight.

Thanks.
SLITS
Reasonably common

To me, with curb rash and not refinished .... $50 - $75 each

No rash, refinished (painted) $100 - $125

And yes, I am a CASOB ...... thank you
GWN7
Are we talking 4 bolt or 5?
Gustl
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Feb 2 2008, 06:22 AM) *

he's talking about "option for 73+ models" - so this can't be the 5 lug shades.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 1 2008, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Feb 2 2008, 06:22 AM) *

he's talking about "option for 73+ models" - so this can't be the 5 lug shades.gif

bye1.gif Gustl

agree.gif

4 bolt. If they were 5 bolt I would be all over them like stink on stromberg.gif blink.gif
914Sixer
Make sure they spin true. These were cast not forged like the Fuchs. They are prone to bending. This has been my experience with them.
JoeSharp
Like these? Al did them and they were on Linda's car when she took Best -4 in Portland. It took me a year to get a good set together and in the end I had 2 sets of straight wheels. The cost in the end was about $75 per each. Al charged $300 to do a set and takes about 10 days.

Click to view attachment
gregrobbins
Gerold, their pretty common out west. Fuchs seem to sell in the $100 each range, but the Mahle and Pedrini wheels more like $50 each. I purchased a set of five to paint up for the LE for $225 last year.

Photos in order: Mahle, Pedrini, Fuch

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
davep
Since pretty well every 74 LE had them (1000 cars) plus optional on other cars, they are not rare. Value them on condition alone. They are easier to refinish than a Fuchs to like new condition. Carefully check for cracks and straightness.
black73
I would probably pay $400 for 4 , bead blasted, freshly painted with centers and bolts...

Click to view attachment

Hi Garold

Love my wheels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.