Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West coasters need info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Who's car WAS this ? One of our customers just bought this car off of E-bay and had it shipped out here. I need any info on the engine before I get started on it next week. I have done NOTHING as of yet and am right now going on what he told me the other day when it was droppd off. I would like to find the seller and find out any specs he/she has on the engine before I get started on it.
scotty b
confused24.gif
rhodyguy
what state are the plates from? is that a camp914 car?

k
scotty b
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 2 2008, 07:48 AM) *

what state are the plates from? is that a camp914 car?

k

Plates in the car are the new owners so they are VA. No I don't think it is a camp car. He said he got it on E-bay as an "unfinished project" and brought it to the shop to be finished. I'll be talking to him again later this week and getting more info, but I thought I might be able to contact the P.O. quicker myself. I felt like between the gloos roof, MOMO wheel, seats and wrinkle red engine tin it would be quickly recognized by someone here
JPB
Sweeet car but gotta trash that carb. beer.gif
scotty b
ALSO What VIABLE option has anyone come up with for the trunk release on the reflector laden cars?? This car was shipped with NO latch on the rear trunk so I need to come up with something and I do not want to use the elctric POS. Anyone tried a cable release yet?? I doubt the new owner will want to remove it and go throught the body repairs but I will ask him.

I agree Jon. First I need to make a list of all werk it needs and then see what he wants to do right now.
Joe Bob
Cable pull that exends down under the car near the license plate. If you haven't experienced the push down on the lid and work the latch syndrome of yet...you haven't lived.....

Or you can simply ditch the POS reflector and go back to stock.

BTW, LOVE the paint cut around the VIN plate, R E A L professional....
scotty b
QUOTE(356 @ Feb 2 2008, 08:43 AM) *

Cable pull that exends down under the car near the license plate. If you haven't experienced the push down on the lid and work the latch syndrome of yet...you haven't lived.....

Or you can simply ditch the POS reflector and go back to stock.

Yeah his comment to us was " it looked a lot better on E-bay then it does in person" He isn't pissed, he just expected someting a little nicer by the pics. The sad thing is it is probably the nicest 914 in the Richmond area right now. Petes car would be very nice with a paint job though. poke.gif
scotty b
[quote name='scotty b' date='Feb 2 2008, 08:48 AM' post='993370']
[quote name='356' post='993367' date='Feb 2 2008, 08:43 AM']

Mike you'd probably be surprised at how many cars I have seen that were taped just like that. Noone seems to be able to work around the rivets...or no one TRIES to work around the rivets dry.gif

The sad thing is it is probably the nicest 914 in the Richmond area right now. Petes car would be very nice with a paint job though. poke.gif
JPB
Engman has a cable kit for the trunk i believe. beer.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(JPB @ Feb 2 2008, 08:55 AM) *

Engman has a cable kit for the trunk i believe. beer.gif

AHA !! that he does, thanks bro beerchug.gif
SirAndy
is the VIN in our database ?

idea.gif Andy
scotty b
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 2 2008, 11:06 AM) *

is the VIN in our database ?

idea.gif Andy

I'll get it next week
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.