Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How come no one said anything!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
There are some cool links to German guy's cars in the members pic's scetion! This guy has my interior fabic! I wonder if it was an option over there? aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
and a speaker on the drivers door panel above the armrest wink.gif
TimT
I always loved that fabric..kinda reminds me of........well lots of stuff wink.gif

dance.gif
JeffBowlsby
I am pretty sure that fabric was a factory option in '75 and/or '76, anyone have a swatch book to verify?
dan10101
I had that wallpaper in my bedroom my senior year in HS. Mom and I put it up. We had to stop every so often to keep from getting dizzy.

Also had red and black 2" long shag carpet.

Black velor curtains.

Black bean bag

Black light and strobe light.

8 track stereo

And a 914 with the same wallpaper.. aktion035.gif
(not really)

And no, I didn't do drugs, (didn't have to...)
redshift
928 only, it's cool. Pascha, but Rich knows that for sure.

smile.gif

The only fabric I like more is the original fabric in Gregg's 916, not the Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche Porsche crap AA put in it.

M
URY914
AA didn't put that stuff in. Itwas done by the guy Gearge brought the car from.
URY914
From AUTOWEEK May 16, 1983,
"As part of the restoration, Tony Lapine, the Porsche styling chief, designed a new upholstery scheme for the interior. It had originally had been done in a wierd kind of paisley, which Lapine never liked. With the design he also supplied a special Porsche logo fabric for the seat and door inserts and supervised the installation when he attended Gregg's funeral in Jacksonville a couple of years ago."

Just what to set the record stright.

Paul
redshift
Thanks Paul, I am interested in this stuff, most of all. I like the odd balls, I loved the paisley.

M
URY914
I like the paisley too, very very '70's

Paul
rick 918-S
This is the fabric for my seats. I rolled it out because it came folded from the supplier in europe. My upholstery guy told me to let it relax then roll it up before I sent it on to him. I couldn't resist setting the most expensive table cloth I've ever seen.

BTW: those German guys are cool. Cant read a word but Ilike it!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Jan 8 2004, 05:57 PM)
I am pretty sure that fabric was a factory option in '75 and/or '76, anyone have a swatch book to verify?

Your messin with us right..... wink.gif
redshift
Rich, who did you get that from, and what other materials might they have?

I found this 'very close to purple porsche paisley' stuff, it's a little loud.. and maybe a bit lavender..

I would not want my doors covered in Pascha. blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

M
rick 918-S
I'll look tomorrow night and post the info. It's on another computer. I love that paisley stuff. I'm thinking of have my friend do a part of the door. I'm also thinking of doing the dash in place of the vinyl strip. Hey it goes without saying. I'm a little crazy... blink.gif
redshift
I am doing my dash, and doors in leather (early RS pull straps) and the seats will get a pretty insert, unless I find someone who molds leather pretty good, and doesn't charge motorcycle seat prices...

Then I am going Maltese.. + + + + + +

After seeing Bob B.'s orange car, I need to find something that looks good with orange..

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.