Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
any one have practical suggestions on how to lower the rear of a 914. i put kybs on all around and it raised up the car i know how to lower the front. already done, but i need help with the rear. unsure.gif
steven garis
Eric_Shea
Take the KYB's off biggrin.gif

(sorry)

Seriously, you'll need a real shock wth an adjustable spring perch.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 2 2008, 07:49 PM) *

agree.gif koni's or bilstein's with adjustable perches and eibach springs is the way to go ...

stirthepot.gif Andy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 2 2008, 07:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 2 2008, 07:49 PM) *

agree.gif koni's or bilstein's with adjustable perches and eibach springs is the way to go ...

stirthepot.gif Andy

hey andy
how much would a set of konis like this cost. and is the ride better? i like the stifness of the kybs. just not how they raised up the car.wut spring rate would you suggest for the eibach springs?
stateofidleness
*subscribes* awaits andy's answer
Eric_Shea
Koni's would ride much better (in my personal experiance). Koni's are also adjustable.. like it stiff? Turn the dial.

Depending on what you want to do to your car... your spring rate can vary wildly. I like stockish 100lb type springs for most activities. If you get serious about racing or autocrossing the you would want to tune the suspension front and rear depending.

If, like you say, you've simply dialed down your stock front end then a 100-140lb spring out back would both, lower it a bit and an adjustable perch would allow you to dial in the specifics.

There are a couple types of perches and springs. Andy is talking about a threaded perch and smaller Eibach springs. You can also get by with a 3 position stock style perch.
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 2 2008, 09:02 PM) *

Koni's would ride much better (in my personal experiance). Koni's are also adjustable.. like it stiff? Turn the dial.

Depending on what you want to do to your car... your spring rate can vary wildly. I like stockish 100lb type springs for most activities. If you get serious about racing or autocrossing the you would want to tune the suspension front and rear depending.

If, like you say, you've simply dialed down your stock front end then a 100-140lb spring out back would both, lower it a bit and an adjustable perch would allow you to dial in the specifics.

There are a couple types of perches and springs. Andy is talking about a threaded perch and smaller Eibach springs. You can also get by with a 3 position stock style perch.

thanks eric.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.