Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's a new one...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Going on my squareback project, but it's definite 914 content. I think they look cool! 16x6 Fuchs, tires from Coker. Definitely not something for the AX, but still neat!
Jerry
just when you think you have seen everything...........
mightyohm
That car is going to look sweet!
effutuo101
That is sweet! I think those would look good on a Ghia as well ( pre 70 ). Good idea!
Rusty
That is a cool look. smile.gif
rick 918-S
More photos Mark!

I have a friend doing a Suby in a fast back right now.
1bad914
Nice! That would have looked good on my Notch!
Air_Cooled_Nut
I'll reserve judgement once they're mounted to the completed car. unsure.gif
its unique mark. cool
aktion035.gif
boxstr
Don't forget the woodie kit...or you could slamit and add a rack...or beetleize.... the ideas don't stop here...
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 2 2008, 11:42 PM) *

Going on my squareback project

are you going to clean up that fender well???
poke.gif Andy
RoadGlue
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 3 2008, 08:34 PM) *

Don't forget the woodie kit...or you could slamit and add a rack...or beetleize.... the ideas don't stop here...

The woodie replica doesn't float my boat, but the red and black wagon gorgeous! I'll take that one, thank you.
Gary
Nice Mark. What size is that tire?
tdgray
I like it... very old school
McMark
205/60/16 IIRC
JmuRiz
Looks cool, too bad those Coker Tires are so expensive, I'd love to get some wide white-wall tires for my MB w/o breaking the bank.
r_towle
http://www.mbzponton.org/valueadded/other/tirepaint.htm

Try some WW paint.

Rich
IronHillRestorations
Nice! I like that retro look with chrome wheels.
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 4 2008, 01:39 PM) *

NO do NOT try WW paimnt it is pure CRAP. It doesn't stick and it turns yellow within a day. Multiple coats doesn't werk either. The best cheapo way to do WW is to GRIND yes grind the blackwall away. Most people don't realize the blackwall is a pretty rhin layer and it had white under it. I havn't tried this yet on a SOLID blak tire, but the typical thin white walls work great. There is a video on you tube of a demonstrating it. The white part of the tire is also the meat so there is no fear of taking off a little black. Heres the video. I have done it and YES it is a f-in mess but it gets you passable wid ewhites pretty cheap aktion035.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkcm3rh60p0

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 6 2008, 08:12 PM) *

NO do NOT try WW paimnt it is pure CRAP. It doesn't stick and it turns yellow within a day. Multiple coats doesn't werk either. The best cheapo way to do WW is to GRIND yes grind the blackwall away. Most people don't realize the blackwall is a pretty rhin layer and it had white under it. I havn't tried this yet on a SOLID blak tire, but the typical thin white walls work great. There is a video on you tube of a demonstrating it. The white part of the tire is also the meat so there is no fear of taking off a little black. Heres the video. I have done it and YES it is a f-in mess but it gets you passable wid ewhites pretty cheap aktion035.gif

Can you still get "portawalls"?
Pat
scotty b
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 6 2008, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 4 2008, 08:12 PM) *

Can you still get "portawalls"?
Pat

Yes and they still fly off at 50+ MPH av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.