Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Superbowl Winner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Will Patriots go 19-0 or be the biggest bust in history?

Will there be back-to-back Manning MVP's?

Have at it folks.

Sir Andy: Thought about putting this in the Sandbox but not much traffic there. Feel free to move it if you wish.
GWN7
I'm wearing a Pat's t-shirt........(given out by a Canadian French Fry company) smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 3 2008, 02:05 PM) *

Sir Andy: Thought about putting this in the Sandbox but not much traffic there. Feel free to move it if you wish.

Super Bowel ??? is that a very large pain30.gif ???

biggrin.gif Andy
jimkelly
my guess - it will either be a running game or passing game - jim

popcorn[1].gif
degreeoff
Well I wazz born in NH and grew up in MA so.....I guess my answer is....Pat's of course, though they are just too good so I believe it'll be a boring game
John
It looked like that new Audi R8 is a winner.

Maybe that's not what you were looking for.

lotus_65
only suckers bet money on things they have no direct impact on!

good luck tho...
ConeDodger
Yopu asked who is playing. She has no idea about anything regarding football. Kept thinking it was over when a commercial came on. And yet, she was the only one in the house to predict the New York Giants. Nicho and I who actually know something about the game went with the Patriots. blink.gif
championgt1
I bet alot of people lost money this evening. I just drank beer3.gif and rooted for the Giants.
JRust
Absolutely awesome game! I'm glad I watched it. Was rooting for the Giants but only because I realy didn't want the Patriots to have the perfect season. Almost didn't bother with the game. It was one of the best super bowls I've seen. drunk.gif drunk.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 3 2008, 08:27 PM) *

Absolutely awesome game! I'm glad I watched it. Was rooting for the Giants but only because I realy didn't want the Patriots to have the perfect season. Almost didn't bother with the game. It was one of the best super bowls I've seen. drunk.gif drunk.gif

agree.gif Very good game. Well played by a team that most thought had no chance.
neo914-6
One of the most exciting Super Bowls, that Tyree catch was awesome right after Eli escaped a sack. Back to back Mannings! smilie_pokal.gif

Spoke
Great game. As with many football games, this game was won on the line of scrimmage. The Giants defensive front line won that game. Brady is nearly unstoppable when he has time in the pocket. The dude can throw a ball a long way.
Dave_Darling
You got that right, Spoke!!

I was rooting for the Giants, but I didn't think they could pull it off. Glad to be wrong in this case! smile.gif

The Giants controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball--their offensive line kept Manning on his feet for most of the game, and their defensive line kept putting Brady on his ass.

Good defense all the way around, too!

Looked kind of boring until the second half, but was a real nail-biter near the end. Good game!!

--DD
Joe Ricard
There was a football game on?

I watched the comercials and napped. till the 4th quarter Pats score WOOT! Giants Score UH oh.... Pats got the ball Oops shoulda caught that. Run faster next time. Oops shoulda caught that one too.
1 second? you mean we gotta go out there for a second? Stupid.
Turned it off and went to bed.
Joe Bob
I liked the hottie with the CFMP and legs up da wazoo that danced with the lizards.....

No way that the Pat's were gonna beat the spread of 12.5 points....Giants was a safe bet. I doubled my money and had a pleasant surprise when I won the office pool.....
alpha434
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Feb 3 2008, 08:52 PM) *

only suckers bet money on things they have no direct impact on!

good luck tho...

Don't they call that "insider trading"

blink.gif
flesburg
I agree with all of you. I was hoping that Eli would pull it off, especially with the NY press so down on him about 3 months ago.....

And what a great followup to Payton last year. Just imagine their parents. Not one son in the NFL, but two. Not one QB in the NFL but two. Not one NFL QB winning the SB, but two.

And in back to back years. Now we need a three pete, with Payton and the Colts next year, and then after that Eli.

And it really was the defensive line.

I bet Tom Brady can hardly walk today. I do not remember a QB getting any more beat on than the beating he took. I do not remember a passing play when he did not end up on his back or his head or under 300 to a few thousand lbs of lineman.

One of the very best SB's I have seen, and I think I have watched all of them.
VaccaRabite
You know, I actually forgot that there was a football game yesterday.

I did not think about the SB at all until the morning on the way in to work. I was happy that NY won, but mostly did not care.

Zach
drewvw

It was a good game. People here are bummed but we know how fortunate we've been the past couple of years. One thing boston fans can respect is when they get outplayed in a good game. Congrats Giants fans.

I like the new look of the site UI too by the way.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.