Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield to dash seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Here's a shot showing the seal that fits between the windshield and the dash. You'll notice that part of this seal presses up next to where the windshield will sit. This is why the windshield has to removed to install this seal properly.

Click to view attachment

I've just set this seal into place. This is the repo that doesn't have the metal imbedded within. I'm going to use some windshield adhesive to glue it into place. You'll also notice that the seal doesn't go all the way to the ends, I'm going to let the seal sit in the sunshine, then apply the adhesive, stretch the seal to met at both ends, then hold in place.

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
McMark
thumb3d.gif Let the vendor know that the seal is too short. I'd expect the seal to shrink back over time, and the vendor won't know they're seal is too short unless someone lets them know. It's constructive criticism, not a complaint per se. wink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It da.n better! We just installed three this last week and actually had to cut them as they were too long! Who is the manufacturer? AA?
914Sixer
That looks like the wrong seal, it appears to be the rear one. Lower windshield seal is about 15mm. Rear window seal is shaped different and 25mm wide. Picures of new rubber seals. One on the left is the front seal, right is real seal. Shots of different rubber profiles.
McMark
Good eye Mark! I bet you're right.
SLITS
Good eye is right. Also, seal is faced wrong direction....flap goes toward dash, not hood ... it would interfere with Butyl tape when applied.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Good eye is right! and that is why it is short!!! Problem solved!
watsonrx13
Thanks everyone.... When I bought this car 2 years ago, today acutally, I was given many, many boxes and there was a complete set of seals. I haven't installed this seal yet because it just didn't seem to fit and I was hoping someone would recognize my problem. I'll label this one for the rear window and order a new windshield to dash seal, then repost to keep this one current/correct....

Thanks again guys. you're the best.... shades.gif

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.