Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
I have a set of yellow injectors, freshly redone by Witchcraft. Noticed today that the metal bodies have been stripped of paint - bare metal. Should be black.

Any suggestions of paint, painting techniques. Not worried about a covering for the lower nipples & pintles - have that covered (literally). Need suggestions for paint. The metal bodies will rust as soon as I submit them to O2, so what do you guys suggest?
Pat
Pat Garvey
What? No one's done this before?
SLITS
Rustoleum or Por-15 ... they're black and you won't go back.

And no, I don't paint them .. I bead blast them and leave 'em raw.
ScooterD
Pat,
I bought some NOS injectors and compared them with the ones I had Witchhunter rebuild and then repainted with Wurth Semigloss Black. They looked very close. The paint is available from George at AA or directly from Wurth in a case of 6 cans.

Good luck with your resto, smilie_pokal.gif
Scott
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(ScooterD @ Feb 12 2008, 11:41 PM) *

Pat,
I bought some NOS injectors and compared them with the ones I had Witchhunter rebuild and then repainted with Wurth Semigloss Black. They looked very close. The paint is available from George at AA or directly from Wurth in a case of 6 cans.

Good luck with your resto, smilie_pokal.gif
Scott

Thanks Scott - calling George tomorrow for a bunch of stuff anyway. Good idea!
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.