Full Version: OT: Subaru Turbo Diesel Boxer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
talk about torque monster............

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You Tube Video Subaru Turbo Boxer Diesel

Can't find any specs on power, but it's a 2.0 liter engine. Looks almost as bix as a gasoline Porsche Boxster Engine
So.Cal.914
Cool Video...I've got a turbo diesel
Sleepin
Very cool vid!
johannes
In France (and most European countries) 80% of the new cars sold are Turbo Diesel powered.

Gas is very expensive and new generation of Turbo Diesel go from 40 to 60 mpg
Cap'n Krusty
That's a torque monster? Naaaaahhhh, THIS is a torque monster! Mid engine configuration, too .............................. The Cap'n
Brando
Doubt I could afford the Audi engine, but a Turbo Scoob Diesel. Hells-to-the-yes!
r_towle
If that is from the R8, I wanna see the AWD Tranny setup they have...
I knew it could be done...
Now I just need to wait for a few wrecked A8's to hit the junkyards.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
It's from the R 10. The Cap'n
Brian Mifsud
That R10 has performance numbers measured in EP (Elephant Power) not HP.

R10 You Tube
grantsfo
We will be waiting until 2010 before that subi diesel motor arrives on US shores from everything I have read. They are just arriving to Europe this year.
alpha434
If you want one bad enough, you can get one.
lotus_65
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 4 2008, 02:59 PM) *

If that is from the R8, I wanna see the AWD Tranny setup they have...
I knew it could be done...
Now I just need to wait for a few wrecked A8's to hit the junkyards.

Rich

There are quite a few nice pics at Left Lane News.

You probably won't see what you want, but it's worth a look...

In France (and most European countries) 80% of the new cars sold are Turbo Diesel powered.

Gas is very expensive and new generation of Turbo Diesel go from 40 to 60 mpg

hey johannes,

I just read an article in March 08 Automobile mag about how hosed Americans have been over the lack of decently built diesels in the last 50 years. It mentioned the differences of the pollution standards for the reasons why America doesn't have the technology.
I am skeptical of us having higher standards than the E. U., and I'm sure there are fact to be had if i wasn't so busy.

I've written about it a few times here, but the bottom line is the unholy alliance between the government, the oil companies and the auto companies (the REAL axis of evil) have duped us stupid Americans.

U S > bananabang.gif <Evildoers
Click to view attachment
by the way, i love this drawing...
VaccaRabite
I am hopeful that the Suby TD makes it to the US. I want to replace my current Suby with one for my daily commuter. 2010 will be about when my car has 170K (mostly highway) miles, so it will be time for a new daily driver.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.