Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to order rigid brake lines for 320i caliper upgrade?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimK
Hi All,

I'm trying to do the BMW 320i caliper upgrade to improve braking. The article on Pelican Parts says to order new 7-8" rigid brake lines, but doesn't give any part numbers or specifications. I found some 8"x6mm thread metric (bubble end) brake lines at NAPA but the threads are too big.
Any pointers on part numbers and where to get them (preferably locally)?

Pelican Parts article:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles%5...MW_calipers.htm

Thanks!
Tim
anderssj
Hi Tim,

If I remember, I got my lines at Autozone--cost was about $3 per line.

Make sure they are the european (metric) "bubble end" not the british (inch) bubble end--store had them hung together, but it's usually printed on the tag.

I think the brand was "PAC," and had a dark-green anti-rust coating similar to BMW and Audi lines.

If you can, take one of the new calipers with you and match the line while you're in the store.

Hope this helps!

Steve A-
TimK
Thanks Steve,

I actually got the European bubble end but I guess it was still too big. I was just curious if anyone knew the actual thread size for the correct part. Schucks says they have European bubble end brake lines available, so I'll try them out tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.