Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
Heres some pics of the 6r and how it comin along.
1st one is front+ center,getty hood,glass bumper+ valance.gt type pins.
RON S.
next one is battery area.
I move it lower,as I've been ragged its to high.
Modified mazda cooler w/-16 lines,& a 8 micron oil filter in return line.
RON S.
oil cooler area overhead.
RON S.
Wheel area.
Koni S struts,951 brakes,Charley bar,Alum.crossmember,24mm hollow torsion bars
RON S.
Rear brakes.
930 turbo units.Yeah I know their bigger than the fronts,but I picked em up in Hershey real cheap.I'll upgrade the fronts later.
RON S.
Interior,pass side.
Becker radio in dash.
Hint,You can findem in junkyards in most any 70-73 Mercedes,their cheap.Plus their amplified also.Sounds much better than stock.
RON S.
INTERIOR from d.side.
RON S.
Speedo shot,Car is a Euro car,hence the big number on the speedo
RON S.
I'm doin brass oil lines,1"o.d.
My second stab at forming.They are workable,but not what I'm gonna accept.
RON S.
Fuel pump is mounted in the frame rail.
It's a mustang gt unit.pusher pump is mounted under the gas tank.It's all wired and relayed.
Ron
Stephen914
You car looks excellent. Maybe some day my car will look that good.
Joe Bob
Loose the bolt on spacers. Get longer studs and be safe.........

Otherwise looks great. Where are the engine pics?
markb
Damn that's nice. Good job.

I REALLY want one of those triple gauges!! Someday.......
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jan 9 2004, 08:19 AM)
Fuel pump is mounted in the frame rail.
It's a mustang gt unit.pusher pump is mounted under the gas tank.It's all wired and relayed.
Ron

How hard (or easy) is it to get to that fuel pump?

Why brass oil lines? Are they lighter than hose? Is there a safety benefit over hose?
RON S.
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jan 9 2004, 11:21 AM)

How hard (or easy) is it to get to that fuel pump?
Loosen the oil line,it'll drop out of the way.The frame you see is stainless,with a Lexan window behind it.Your seeing the pump from behind a inspection window.Pump is mounted in a foam cushioned housing.I can remove either pump in about 15 mins. flat.

Why brass oil lines? Are they lighter than hose? Is there a safety benefit over hose?
I wanted to copy the gt look.Also,brass is a natural heat sink.So there is some cooling benefit to & from the cooler.It also is not a hose,so it can't wear out and leak.
The lines are 1"O.D. w/a .032 wall.I got them from McMaster Carr.They come in 6'lengths for 22.00 per length.Thats 3-1/2 dollars a foot,give or take.Around here,-16 braided hose is running 12.00 a foot.

Ron

Attached
East coaster
Ron, Keep posting pics, it's great!

Did you manage to pass the lines through without encroaching on the drivers side foot area? I can't really tell from the pics. I've seen in other posts ref oillines that it can get kinda hot by your left foot??

I have a mazda cooler as well, but haven't decided whether to use it or not. I was concerned that without a fan of some sort it would over heat when stopped in traffic. Most of the other posts I've seen in ref to oil coolers were from people with engine oil coolers with an additional cooler up front. For us 3.6 guys it's our only cooler.

In ref to the comment on your wheel spacers, I thought this is how Porsche did it?? What's wrong with bolt on spacers w/studs?? I will need these for mine also, inquiring minds want to know confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Porsche DID use spacers....but used them with longer studs that passed THRU the spacer....
Scott S
Even though *technically* the factory made some 72 914-6's with the key on the steering column, I always think there is something so cool about seeing it on the dash - love that.

After all of your hard work and I comment on the ignition key...... fighting19.gif

Looks great man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.