Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Lit/Memorabilia show & Swapmeet Feb. 23/24
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BAM
Hello All,

Just wanted to know if there were any club members going to the So Cal events scheduled for Feb. 23 and 24? I’ve posted information regarding the event below.

Let us know if you’re planning to attend.

Web Info:
February 23rd, 25th Annual Porsche Literature,Toy/Model, and Memorabilia Swap Meet at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton Hotel, 5711 West Century Blvd.,9:00 A.M. - 2 P.M. Admission $5 at 9:00 A.M. or early bird $25 at 7:30 A.M. Over 225 tables of collectibles. 25th anniversary goodies. Vendor info: Wayne Callaway,1504 East Cedar Street, Ontario, CA 91761, phone 909-930-1999,or go to the website at www.LALitAndToyShow.com.

European Collectibles, Inc. wishes to announce an OPEN HOUSE to be held on Saturday, February 23d, 2008 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at their new location at 1665 Babcock Street, Costa Mesa, California 92627.

Please celebrate the Grand Opening of the new showroom and restoration facilities. Come and see some of their inventory, meet other aficionados and sample some delicious hors d'ouvres. There will also be several guest speakers and some spectacular film footage. More information is on their website http://www.europeancollectibles.com.

The All Porsche Swap Meet will be held on Sunday, February 24th, 2008 right next door to our location at 1645 Babcock Street in Costa Mesa, California 92627.

On February 24th, 2008, the 356 Club will present the So Cal All Porsche Swap and Car Display. The event will be held at 3001 Red Hill Avenue in Costa Mesa, California. It will be the place to end a glorious weekend of Porsche related events.
This event will take us back to a simpler time in a very unique setting. A time when the Internet was not your primary source for used Porsche parts. A time when the local Southern California Porsche owner's gathered each winter to swap, fender fondle, see old friends and appreciate the breed. There will be vendors dedicated to our Porsche hobby and plenty of swap space will be available. If you have a car for sale, bring it and put a sign and information sheet in the window and sell it.

Each car coming in for display parking will make a donation of $20. Swappers will make a $40 donation per space taken. Vendor space will be available, but must be reserved prior to February 1st. For Vendor display information and reservations, contact Bob Lee at Robert.b.lee@nsc.com or 858-414-3523. Proceeds will go to the Orange County School District's children's charity.

So, save the date, February 24th, 2007. Bring your Porsche, whatever money you have leftover from the Literature Meet, your friends and join us for a celebration of Porsche! Breakfast will be available, so plan to spend the day soaking in the glory that is Porsche. Watch for updates and for information; contact Jeff Trask at [email]NO911NV@aol.com [/email] or 949-697-4499 or Pete McNulty at [email]pmcnulty98@aol.com [/email] or 949-400-9319. Let us know how you want to be involved!

Thanks,
SLITS
I thought it was the LA Euro Show or more aptly ... "The Used-To-Be Dunkles".

Lotsa 911 /356 stuff ... minimal 914 except for us NARPsters that dilute the blue blood lines of Porsche heritage.

I believe Glenn & I will have a swap space.
JoeSharp
Thomas and Dan will be there with some 911 stuff for sale. biggrin.gif
Linda and I will be there for the swap and will go to the L.A. Lit show early Saturday.

What about Saturday afternoon or evening????

Edit: Sorry, but Linda and I will be at El Toro on Sunday. Linda is training for A/X.
Allan
So if I get there at 9:00 it's 5 bucks, and if I get there at 7:30 it's 25? blink.gif
jim_hoyland
I plan on attending the swap meet, it's near where I work. FYI- There's a great Irish joint called Durdy Nellie's down the street on Redhill. Great corned beef sandwishes, green beer, and real Irish types.
Lou W
I hope someone takes lots of pictures for us out of the area people. sad.gif
KaptKaos
The lit show is 2 mins from my house. Went last year, saw Seinfeld and got some trinkits.

I hope to go to used to be dunkels as well. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.