Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T anyone have one of these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Im looking at a 2000 Benz ML55 AMG driving.gif Looking at replacing my pickup with something a little nicer with 4 real doors the we could fit in. idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
They're nice. Personally I like the BMW X5 a little better. Parents have the X5 4.8 and my best friend has the AMG ML and he says he wishes he had the X5.
spare time toys
I just dont care for BMWs though most of the guys at work who drive them are total butts bootyshake.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif Well the AMG is cool enough. Hope you do your own work though or have enough $ to keep it up. They are a very good vehicle as long as you keep them up and maintaned well.
Cap'n Krusty
Wait 'til you have to change the fuel filter ............................ I'll just sit back with a case of beer and watch ....................... The Cap'n
rick 918-S
My vote is either to become a bootyshake.gif and get the BMW or just get the BMW and be yourself. slap.gif bye1.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 5 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Wait 'til you have to change the fuel filter ............................ I'll just sit back with a case of beer and watch ....................... The Cap'n

av-943.gif Yeah... those are fun eh? Fortunately I had someone there to help me my first time.
spare time toys
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 5 2008, 11:32 PM) *

Pre or post servive letter beerchug.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2008, 11:36 PM) *

My vote is either to become a bootyshake.gif and get the BMW or just get the BMW and be yourself. slap.gif bye1.gif

Hey I resemble that remark. Hows the car coming or is it on hold for a little while confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Feb 6 2008, 02:33 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2008, 11:36 PM) *

Hey I resemble that remark. Hows the car coming or is it on hold for a little while confused24.gif

Funny you should be looking at a Mercedes.... My car is on hold because I'm working on one.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry995123

Elliot Cannon
I'm on my third used MB now. Nothing but a pain in the ass. I had a 98 E320 station wagon. Had to change the motor mounts cause they were LEAKING. That's right, LEAKING!! Turns out the motor mounts are hydraulic. The load leveler (rear shocks) went out. That was just less than a grand. We have a 94 E320 convertible now. Nice car but just recently discovered warped head. Spent about $5,000 this time. About every 2 to 3 hundred miles the engine will just stop for no apparent reason. Wait one minute and it starts right up and runs good for another 2 or 3 hundred. WTF? Too many problems to list. Someone told me that since 1990 MB has made so many different models that their quality control has gone to hell. Old cast iron V8s may gobble the gas but they seem to last forever. The next MB I buy will be at least 20 years old.

Cheers, Elliot
spare time toys
OK went and drove the ML and it made some clunky noises that just didnt sound OK huh.gif unsure.gif . So I passed on it. Lots of other cars out there to look at. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Feb 7 2008, 02:10 PM) *

OK went and drove the ML and it made some clunky noises that just didnt sound OK huh.gif unsure.gif . So I passed on it. Lots of other cars out there to look at. beerchug.gif

He chose... Wisely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.