Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on Craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
No VIN, no email. *sigh* It says it's a '71, but I wonder if it is a '70 with a late registration date... I already have my /6 so I'm not motivated enough to call.

Skip
Jeffs9146
Thats what I was thinking! I have one but if it is real it might be of interest to someone!
Gint
At $2500, it probably doesn't matter.

I were one of you that lives anywhere near it I would be looking at it. Very soon.
Jeffs9146
I called the numbers and the first number was the wrong number and the second was a generic voice mail. Oh well!
jd74914
I wish it was on the East coast. If it was it would be mine. laugh.gif
jgara962
Now it says the page has been deleted huh.gif
smontanaro
The last two 914 ads I saw on the Chicago Craigslist got yanked as well... It would appear that fraudulent ads are beginning to be more of a problem on CL.

Skip
brer
well, if you post a link for a $2500 914-6 on a 914 forum
how long do you think it will be before the owner either
gets annoyed or get wise and pulls the ad?

smoke.gif
Jeffs9146
They just posted the add again with the same wrong # and no e-mail. I left them a message yesterday informing them about the 805 number being the wrong # and asking them to update the contact info but no response yet!

I guess they don't want to sell the rust bucket! WTF.gif
brer
someone is funnin with us.
sixnotfour
seattle craigslist;
1971 porsche 914/6 parts car - $2500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-02-06, 4:14PM PST

call me @ 310 295 9440 or 805 746 8768 . ask for a chica named LIRA CALIXO

Jeffs9146
Same add!! WTF.gif

Maybe it is the right number and "no habla engeles"

Someone who speaks spanish should try to call!
SLITS
If it's in Santa Barbara Mike Z would know about it or have already bought it.
jesiv
I called the number and the person who answered did not speak english. Left message on other number. Also CL in SF area has the same ad posted multiple times for a 71 and one for a 70. WTF.gif

Looks like they have two cars or don't know what they have. It's amazing how much attention a rusted old car can attract.

James
jasons
Its on Phoenix Craigslist too. You guys are outta luck. I beat you to it and as soon as my cashiers check reaches the very nice Nigerian man selling it, that baby is all mine. piratenanner.gif
neo914-6
probably a punk prank to get lots of people to call these numbers... laugh.gif
highways
It's a prank ad. The prankster also posted an ipod ad... with the same phone numbers. These poor people are getting sick of all the calls. And if that ad was pulled yesterday, the prankster posted it again today. Ventura craiglist, Pheonix, San Francisco.

The best thing I could think to do was send about 100 "No contact info?" emails through craigsilst to try to flood their inbox.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.