Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Next 911 Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
This is definitly in the works for my next conversion car. I bet it get good gas mileage.

Geo Metro 911 Coversion

IPB Image

IPB Image
JmuRiz
I saw that a long time ago...my question is why? I bet it's still gutless, even if it has been modded. If you wanted a zook motor in it, why not use a bike motor, they make more HP than their car motors, haha.
Oh yeah, i'm sure you were just joking about this post...but seriously blink.gif
fiid
That's neat. I like how it's so small you can put the radiator next to it.

A bike motor would be cool - I am interested in maybe doing Lotus 7 replica with a bike motor when I am done with the 914. I suppose with a bike motor you need the same emmissions equipment as the bike it came from? Which ain't a lot from what I have seen :-) LOL

I bet a subaru motor would be fun in a 911 too :-)
DuckRyder
confused24.gif
Scott Carlberg
IF you could bolt together 2 of the engines from DuckRyder's avatar Twin Honda, would you be able to say that your 914 was powered by a 4?

Would two 150hp Yamaha R1 engines give you 300hp then?

That would make for a fun get-to-together though, wouldn't it?
fiid
Uh - they are already 4 cylinders. A little whizzy bastard 8 would be a scream though.

The Radical cars are powered by a 1300 bike motor - they have a version that's bored out to 1500 and has had work done on it. No weight - lots of power - redline is at 10k. Fun fun.

Then you fix up the suspension, and start replacing steel with glass.

Fiid.
914ghost
I've asked this before, but why hasn't anyone done a watercooled VW- say 2 liter 16valve GTI, something like that?
High school kids put them in bugs all the time, and they're great in Vanagons. Kennedy makes the adapter and you could use the Diesel Vanagon peripherals- oil sump/pump, etc etc.. you'd only have to fab' the motor mounts and some exhaust.
Anyone?
LS6/914
Where are the large rubber isolaters to keep the body from vibrating apart? barf.gif
campbellcj
Obviously it is a bizzare and "questionable" project, but you have to admit that the installation looks pretty cool confused24.gif

In a 912R kind of lightweight, it might be fun cool_shades.gif
hargray2
A bike motor would be weird. 2 transmissions 2 clutches and a hell of a lot of gear choices.

My uncle sells "legends" cars from 600racing. They have a Yamaha FJ engine turned sideways in front. The rearend is from a toyota pickup I think. The driveshaft connects directly to where the front sprocket would go. The driveshaft runs down the right side of the car to the back. The axle and tube are shortened on the right side which puts the diff. housing almost against the right rear tire. These cars live at 10,000 rpm. It doesn't feel like the gears are changing as you're shifting because they're geared so low. I think they run around 90mph and they redline the SHIT out of top gear.
hargray2
here's a pic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.