Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northern California Get-Together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
When: Saturday February 23rd at the Palm Street Grill 12 Noon. 6416 Fair Oaks Blvd, Carmichael CA. From Highway 50 take Watt Avenue northbound exit to Fair Oaks Blvd. and turn right.. Follow Fair Oaks Blvd. to 6416....

If you live in Northern California Area or are passing through come celebrate the return of Michael's (Porschecb) recently stolen car.

See the dents! Hear the whole story. Celebrate the return!!! jsharp.gif Eat some pretty decent burgers....

The poetic justice is that at the Palm Street Grill we are probably within a few blocks of the little asswipes who stole it! Let's rub it in their faces!
toon1
I should have my car running by then . I will try to make it!
jesiv
Count me in. Anyone else from the Bay Area going?

James
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2008, 09:32 AM) *

When: Saturday February 23rd at the Palm Street Grill 12 Noon. Fair Oaks Blvd at ? (I will edit that and put in the address when I figure it out)

If you live in Northern California Area or are passing through come celebrate the return of Michael's (Porschecb) recently stolen car.

See the dents! Hear the whole story. Celebrate the return!!! jsharp.gif Eat some pretty decent burgers....

The poetic justice is that at the Palm Street Grill we are probably within a few blocks of the little asswipes who stole it! Let's rub it in their faces!

Is it the one? Just east of Sacramento?
Palm Street Pub & Grill
6416 Fair Oaks Blvd
Carmichael, CA 95608
(916) 489-5484
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Feb 6 2008, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2008, 09:32 AM) *

When: Saturday February 23rd at the Palm Street Grill 12 Noon. Fair Oaks Blvd at ? (I will edit that and put in the address when I figure it out)

Is it the one? Just east of Sacramento?
Palm Street Pub & Grill
6416 Fair Oaks Blvd
Carmichael, CA 95608
(916) 489-5484

That is it...
SirAndy
i would need some helping hands for my alternator replacement in order to attend.

i'm waiting for a break in the weather to get started.
nothing like having to wrench in a parking lot ...
dry.gif Andy
Tobra
I am down(I think, have to check with the boss), but my car is all in pieces
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Feb 6 2008, 02:37 PM) *

I am down(I think, have to check with the boss), but my car is all in pieces

Toby,
Bring her. My boss would love to see your boss again. biggrin.gif Besides my kid has flat feet and maybe you can advise me on what if anything to do about it...
Porcharu
That's out near the "Squeeze Inn" home of the killer super duper mega cheesy cheeseburger!!! piratenanner.gif I need to check with the boss and see if she wants to visit her sis in Roseville.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 6 2008, 01:44 PM) *

i would need some helping hands for my alternator replacement in order to attend.

dry.gif Andy

Andy, if you want to drive up here I will help you. I just replaced mine while I had the engine out
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Feb 6 2008, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 6 2008, 01:44 PM) *

dry.gif Andy

Andy, if you want to drive up here I will help you. I just replaced mine while I had the engine out

I think Andy means that it is down and out... Alternator is FUBAR and he is driving the VW...
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2008, 05:06 PM) *

I think Andy means that it is down and out... Alternator is FUBAR and he is driving the VW...

agree.gif alternator is toast, the 914 is not going anywhere ...

sad.gif Andy
PRS914-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 6 2008, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2008, 05:06 PM) *

agree.gif alternator is toast, the 914 is not going anywhere ...

sad.gif Andy

Bummer... sad.gif I know the feeling though.... mad.gif
Justinp71
I'll try to make it...

I'll probably see some of you guys at the upcoming EuroSunday.
biosurfer1
i'll be there if i'm in town
ConeDodger
jsharp.gif beer3.gif

Help celebrate the return of Michael's beloved Grey Ghost 914! Hear the story, enjoy the company! Wanda will be there and she and her sister will do a line dance for all of you!

blink.gif Ooops! There I go putting Wanda to work again without asking her!!! Sorry Wanda!
ConeDodger
Come on guys! Who else is going to help Michael and Wanda celebrate getting back at least one thing from their burglery?
ConeDodger
jsharp.gif Come on out to Palm Street Pub and have a burger... Get out of the virtual world and into reality! Celebrate the return of Michael's Grey Ghost 914 stolen by evil little undersupervised teenage villians. Be there!!!

ConeDodger
Only two weeks until the Northern California Get-Together to celebrate the return of Michael's Grey Ghost 914! February 23 at 12:14pm Palm Street Grill Sacramento!
ConeDodger
Bump for Michael's celebration! icon_bump.gif
jcd914
I am going to try and stop in for a beer beer.gif and put a few faces with screen names.
I am new to this forum, in fact this is my first post but not new to 914's. I spent 17 years making my living fixing Porsches (3 dealerships and 1 independent), the last 8 of those 17 working for Dwight Mitchell at Autosport Technology in Sacramento. 13 years ago I moved on to an office job and slowly became less involved due to time and money but I never let go of my 914. I am attempting (once again) to put it back on the road and hopefully the track. I have found this forum to be a wealth of information although I think my productivity at work has taken a hit.

Is the Palm Street a common get together spot or someone's favorite? My wife and I stop in for dinner fairly often on Fridays, one of my favorites.

Jim Dupree
jesiv
Well let me say welcome.png

james
ConeDodger
Jim,
Welcome. The Palm Street Pub is not a common spot for hangouts with the 914 crowd. Michael, the guy who's car was stolen goes there often and has had an event or two at the Palm Street Pub. The pics are from one such event. Michael has also had a BBQ or two at his home.

So if you worked for Dwight you might know Ron Kain?

Rob Sime
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 12 2008, 10:15 PM) *

Jim,
Welcome. The Palm Street Pub is not a common spot for hangouts with the 914 crowd. Michael, the guy who's car was stolen goes there often and has had an event or two at the Palm Street Pub. The pics are from one such event. Michael has also had a BBQ or two at his home.

So if you worked for Dwight you might know Ron Kain?

Rob Sime

Yea, I know Ron very well. I helped get him into a 914, him being a BMW/911 guy primarily. I also helped him build that the Blue 914/6 he raced for a while. I actually did not get to know him until after I had left Autosport. The founder of the company I work for, Rod Georgiu, was very into cars and I did a lot of work on the side for him, Ron was also doing work for him and we got to be friends. Rod Georgiu had plenty of work for us, F40, 355 F1, 84 930 w3.4L, 97 993tt, 750i Turbo, 93 Audi S4, etc...
I am sure there people on this forum i have met but I am not real good at remembering names, often I recognize a face and can't put a name with.
I am glad Michael has a cause to celebrate I and I can meet up with a few locals.

Cheers!

beerchug.gif

Jim
biosurfer1
Jim,
welcome.png

I look forward to meeting you, always nice to have a new face in the 914 Sacramento area!
porschecb
welcome.png

Michael
ConeDodger
Less than a week until the celebration of the return of Michael's Grey Ghost 914! 12 Noon at the Palm Street Pub.... Rumor has it the famous engine builder McMark DeBernardi will be there all the way from the vinyards of Napa Valley... If SirAndy has drilled his access hole and repaired his alternator we may see him as well... So unless your an asshat and you would know if you were, come on out!!!
ConeDodger
Only five days and a couple hours till the Northern California Get-Together celebrating the return of Michael's Grey Ghost 914...

Once again the place is the Palm Street Pub on Fair Oaks Blvd in Carmichael CA... The address is on the first post.

Sounds like there will be a good turn out! You should be there too!
jesiv
Not that I don't trust my teener (ok I don't). Anyone going from the bay area? I would feel much better in a group.

james
PRS914-6
If the weather holds out I'll most likely show up.
porschecb
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Feb 18 2008, 10:40 AM) *

If the weather holds out I'll most likely show up.

Just checked the Weather Channel. 60% chance of rain. mad.gif I will still be there but not in the 914.
ConeDodger
Ok so it might rain... What if I hire strippers? Be there Saturday 12:14PM at the Palm Street Pub.

Geez... A little rain. If I hired strippers even Zois would show up, all the way from SoCal. drooley.gif
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
It's Wednesday! I am gingerly typing with both hands again and it is time to remind everyone that only three days remain before the Northern California Get-Together at Palm Street Pub in Carmichael...

Rain or Shine come out and meet and celebrate the return of Michael's Grey Ghost 914...

driving.gif Get in your teener and come on up! driving-girl.gif

Andy might be there, be warned he sometimes takes a close look at peoples cars!
ConeDodger
Saturday!!! Be There!!! Palm Street Pub!!! Carmichael CA!!! 12:00 Noon

You will LIKE it!
porschecb
Just checked the weather for Sat. Looks good so far the early afternoon! I will take my car out if it stays that way! Do not want to mess up my paint any more than it is. Bret if I cant take it i only live a short drive from my house maybe you can stop by after and look at my paint.

Michael
biosurfer1
only if you add the second "t" in my name:)

no prob. I pretty much have the afternoon free so we'll get it fixed
porschecb
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 21 2008, 09:02 PM) *

only if you add the second "t" in my name:)

no prob. I pretty much have the afternoon free so we'll get it fixed

(t) I did two at first (in my mind) then was not sure. Thanks brett!!!!!!!!!!

Michael (not Mike)
ConeDodger
Quit your bickering you two or I will put you both on a time out and you will have to help Wanda with the dishes!!!
ConeDodger
Here we go guys and gals...

Tomorrow at Noon. Palm Street Pub. Carmichael CA

Rain or Shine. They do have an interior you know. So come on down and help celebrate the return of Michael's Grey Ghost 914...

Have a burger, maybe even a beer.

It is likely that my 2270 will be there along with McMark the Burger Boy!
jcd914
Ok everyone, it is only a little rain.
If these guys http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route...ges/stage4.html can spend 7 hours along the coast in the wind and rain on their BICYCLES we can make it to the Palm Street!

Cheers! beerchug.gif

Jim

jesiv
A little rain. Not looking good.... Check this out National Weather Service. Some forecasters are already comparing it to the Jan. 4 system that battered Northern California with hurricane-force winds and knocked out power to more than 2 million customers of Pacific Gas and Electric Co.

After almost getting washed away at Trevor's, I guess I am going to take a "Rain Check" for this get together. Look forward to meeting y'all later and hopefully sunnier occasion.

James
PRS914-6
For Sacramento from NWS:
Saturday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph increasing to between 18 and 21 mph. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Maybe we'll get lucky.....
ConeDodger
Guys, you don't have to bring your 914 or even own one. This is about the return of Michael's car and the people who love this kind of car... Are we only going to see each other if the weather is good? Get in the damned SUV! Bring the kids! I am... Lets do this. This is about a sense of community not a car with a 914XXX... or 47XXXX... VIN number! Come on down. Meet some people.

The famous Burger Boy Mcmark DeBernardi will be there all the way from Napa... He could use a ride home if someone else from the Bay Area is coming... Lets go! Come on out. Leave the car at home if you want. Worst that can happen is you will get your hair wet. It will dry!
porschecb
I have been checking the weather sites about every couple of hours and we may get lucky if this system stalls just a bit. They say in may not get ugly around here till maybe 2:00 / 3:00 or later. I think the bay area will get it first (depending on the direction of the wind) but maybe not! Anyway it will be good to meet some new and see some old friends.

Michael
ConeDodger
Ok then... See you all there. Forget the weather and meet some friends for a good burger and a beverage...

See ya all there. aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
Less than 4 hours to go before the Get-Together!

Last pre-event post. See ya'll there!
porschecb
Thanks for everyone who showed today!!!! It was good to see evrybody! Met Jim for the first time (newbe). Welcome!!!! Thanks Rob, Brett, Mark, Jim! It was not a big turn out. But it was a good time! Thanks to Brett for looking at my paint and for offering to come over tomorrow and fix it! You guys are the best!

When the weather is better a BBQ at my house is in order!!

Michael
jonferns
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Feb 23 2008, 06:59 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

The only two Porsches in the parking lot belonged to me and I am in the Witness Protection Program so there will be no pictures... Sorry. Dreary day anyway. Too dark inside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.