Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trunk ground bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914helo
While sorting through some ground issues last night I discovered that the bolt underneath the rear trunk for the tranny ground strap was completely stripped. This was causing my ground strap to be intermittent. Being lazy I was thinking of just connecting my tranny ground strap to the top of the body's tranny mount. I guess I could also just run a wire back towards the battery? confused24.gif Has anybody replaced that ground bolt under the rear trunk? Bypassed?
Thanks
Spoke
I've never replaced the bolt but you could do several things. One you could grind the bolt off and weld another in place. Or grind off and drill through the trunk floor and place a bolt with washers and lock washers in its place. Should be welded back on; you really want a secure, low resistance connection to the chassis. The ground strap should be as short as possible since it carries the bulk of the starter's heavy current.
Jeffs9146
Just run a Die threader over the threads for a bit smaller nut!
PRS914-6
You can use a new bolt and just drill through the trunk or use the motor mount small bolts. Be sure to use a star washer against the body so you get good contact
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.