Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Reg's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Getting ready to set up the topside injection system for my 72 1.7. Bench assembling most everything, so it can be drop-in. Decided to replace the 36 year old FPR with a new one (which I got from eBay about 6 months ago) - it's the one on the right in the pic.

But, something doesn't look just right. They both carry the correct Bosch part number (0 280 160 001)but the new one has no VW partno (311 133 030). They also look dimensionally a "little different".

Comments?

I'll re-use the old one if necessary, but wanted the "bling" of the "cad" type plating of the new one to match the finish on my new fuel rails.
Pat

proly should have posted this on the Garage, but so be it.
914Sixer
Pat,
My new one looks just like your new one. Same part number. Only orignial VW parts had the dual numbers on new parts. Replacements from Bosch usually did not unless they were left over VW production run parts that got sold after the vehicle line ened. MPS are a good example of this.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 6 2008, 08:38 PM) *

Pat,
My new one looks just like your new one. Same part number. Only orignial VW parts had the dual numbers on new parts. Replacements from Bosch usually did not unless they were left over VW production run parts that got sold after the vehicle line ened. MPS are a good example of this.

Thanks Mark!

What bothered me the most, and could just be a visual difference, is that the fuel line nipples seem to be just a little bit difference in size. Could be just old age on the original, or could be changes in manufacturing over the years. Regardless, I'll go with the new one & see how it works.

Thanks,
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.