Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Homework Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chevota79
I need to figure out the output impedance of the port and i dont understand what i am doing any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Josh

Click to view attachment
Spoke
When trying to analyze the impedance (or resistance) of the port, all voltage sources are set to zero. In other words, redraw the circuit with V shorted out. This gives you R1 in parallel with R2.

The parallel combination of resistors is R1xR2/(R1 + R2). This is the equivalent resistance looking into PORT.
Chevota79
You are awesome i knew i was missing something i just couldnt figure it out circuit class was a long time ago.

Thanks

Josh
SLITS
Huh? huh.gif confused24.gif huh.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 6 2008, 08:01 PM) *

When trying to analyze the impedance (or resistance) of the port, all voltage sources are set to zero. In other words, redraw the circuit with V shorted out. This gives you R1 in parallel with R2.

The parallel combination of resistors is R1xR2/(R1 + R2). This is the equivalent resistance looking into PORT.

Yeah! What he said.... He just beat me to it. biggrin.gif
NOT! blink.gif
Mark D.
Chevota79
Yea I know it looks foreign the problem is from my mechatronics class which deals with incorporating mechanical elements with electrons.
Lamond terms ROBOTS

Josh
scotty b
QUOTE(Chevota79 @ Feb 7 2008, 05:36 PM) *

Yea I know it looks foreign the problem is from my mechatronics class which deals with incorporating mechanical elements with electrons.
Lamond terms ROBOTS

Josh

Laymen terms = gobbledygook babble babble dirka donk, diddle diddle piddple paddle, bork bork, flazzle dazzle, jibjab yum yum.

You guys are too damn smart for me dry.gif
type47
i haven't studied impedence, but if you say visualize with V sources shorted and if the circle element is V, then wouldn't R2 and RL be in parallel and R1 is in series with the parallel?
Spoke
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 7 2008, 09:17 PM) *

i haven't studied impedence, but if you say visualize with V sources shorted and if the circle element is V, then wouldn't R2 and RL be in parallel and R1 is in series with the parallel?

Electrically speaking you are correct. If R2 is visualized as part of the load, then the load impedance becomes R2||RL (|| = "in parallel with"). The source is then V with series resistance R1.

If you want to divide the circuit into source and load impedances, then R2 is part of the source and RL is the load. Imagine that we're talking about an audio amplifier and speaker where RL is the speaker and R1/R2/V is the amplifier.
SLITS
Good Gawd ..... this is going to throw a serious twist in conversations / debates we having while partying in parking lots.

This could pose a serious threat to our way of life.

Obviously, I have nothing to say ... back to your normal discection of electrons and packet movement.
Spoke
Yeah, EE types tend to be nerds because this stuff is so strange to most folks.

I worked for a guy who was real intense. He would come to work with these 3x5 cards with circuits scribbled on them. I asked him why the 3x5s and he said when he went shopping with his wife and while she was trying on clothes, he would draw circuits on the 3x5s and put them in his pocket.

His son was a EE too, as intense as his dad. We always wondered what dinner conversations were like with the 2 of them at the table.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 7 2008, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Chevota79 @ Feb 7 2008, 05:36 PM) *

Lamond terms ROBOTS

Josh

Laymen terms = gobbledygook babble babble dirka donk, diddle diddle piddple paddle, bork bork, flazzle dazzle, jibjab yum yum.

You guys are too damn smart for me dry.gif

I take offense to that ar15.gif

Paul Bork
shades.gif
jaminM3
What? no impotence jokes confused24.gif

(erections lasting longer than 4 hours, consult your physician)

biggrin.gif
Chevota79
Dont feel bad guys I am a ME major and i still dont fully understand all of this.
Maybe next week i will post up a Heat transfer problem then we can have some real fun.

Thanks for the help

Josh
i love porsche
The EE guys at school are just crazy...i cant talk to them....I stick with my own kind, the ME's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.