Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With 993 motor values
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage

To all,

some of your have encounter this in your daily dealings..
I need to understand the current price point for a 98 low miles varioram 993 motor.

What have you folks seen of late?

Thank you!
SirAndy
QUOTE(396 @ Feb 7 2008, 06:27 AM) *

I need to understand the current price point for a 98 low miles varioram 993 motor.

not sure about the varioram motors, but the pre-varioram 993 motors go for $7.5k to $9k depending on mileage and condition ...

bye1.gif Andy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 7 2008, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Feb 7 2008, 06:27 AM) *

not sure about the varioram motors, but the pre-varioram 993 motors go for $7.5k to $9k depending on mileage and condition ...

bye1.gif Andy

Andy,

Thanks.. your price points is what i was thinking.
PRS914-6
Andy's numbers are accurate. Keep in mind the valve guide problems of these engines. Even low miles. Do some reading on the Bird Board and you will find that engines with only 30k miles have had bad guides.

Mine had 41k miles and the guides were toast. Ran fine but smoked sporadically. If you can't do the work yourself, you'll shell out a few grand more.....

Personally, knowing what I know now I would get a high mileage engine cheap(er) and rebuild it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.