Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a good used muffler and cat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Anyone have a good used one for sale that'll fit a '76 2.0L?
Thanks!
Andy...
eeyore
Email me. I just pulled a muffler/cat off my 1.8L, perhaps the dimensions are the same.

(The car passed CA smog last month, a hopefully CA will honor their rolling smog years and my '75 will be exempt from now on)
nebreitling
i have a cat in good shape. email me if interested
skline
I have a complete system from a 76 2.0 liter. I even have new gaskets for it. Let me know
914zim
Cloudbuster: I don't think the 1.8L setup will work on my 2.0. I think the HE's are different.

Nebreitling: I should have a cat lined up with rustyWA (Eric). He's going to send me some pics of it and he's only charging me $10 (plus shipping). If it turns out it doesn't work out, I might be interested in your cat.

Skline: How much? Do you have any pics? Is it single or dual? Any idea what shipping would be to WI (53146) Where are you located?

Thanks guys.
Andy...
nebreitling
Eric's a good guy. bought some late-style HE's from him.
RustyWa
Here's a photo...

11.5" overall length (face to face)

It fits a boat load of different cars...VWs, AUDI, Porsche...to name a few
Rich Bontempi
1975 & 1976 1.8 & 2.0 muffler and cat will interchange!!
914zim
Thanks guys!!
Eric: Looks good, I'll take it! Let me know the total and I'll paypal you right away! Thanks!!
Rich: You know I'm still not sure about earlier mufflers fitting my 2.0. I've had different responses about this subject. I had a brand new Bursch muffler that was sold that would definately NOT fit my car. It's spacing was too small. I think I got about 26.5 inches between my pipes.

I'm still looking for a muffler! I know for sure that I'll need the cat, but I still need the muffler to put it on!
Pics would be great!
Andy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.