Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New AA Catalog
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
When Dr. 914 made the offer for the new free AA catalog, I, like many others here, signed up, but still haven't seen it sad.gif

Now that the teener is back from paint & body, the fun is about to start as now I need to start collecting & replacing bits aktion035.gif it would be handy and a chance to give AA a nother shot.
9146FAN
I got mine within three days. It's a great catalog, you'll like it. Shoot George a request, I'm sure he'll send one right out.
Joe Owensby
I agree, I got mine fairly soon after they were finally ready for shipment. It is a great catalog. Has all the standard stuff for sale, and at the end has a complete parts diagram with numbers and prices. very handy.
racerbvd
I guess maybe they don't like me, because I filled out the form but never got it, and now that I'm about to start putting everything together, there are bits that I'm going to order new.
jd74914
I PMed George about getting one after the group list thing, and to my surprise he responded that I need to pay for shipping now (while those who "pre-ordered" didn't).

Having to pay for a catalog that I would be guaranteed to order from is ridiculous. All of the other mail order places I by from with catalogs send them for free.

They lost me as a costumer forever.
VaccaRabite
Order somehtng small and request the catalogue be included in the order?

Lots of mail order places won't send a full cat unless you at least pay for shipping, but will include one for free in an order.

You can also download a PDF of the cat off the AA website. There is a link to it in the Member Vendor section here. From there you can print it out to your hearts content, or just look at it on your compy.

Lots of way to skin this cat.

Zach
nsr-jamie
I ordered one about two months ago or so and it has not shown up, but I am guessing it was sent surface mail cause that is the cheapest way to ship and it usually takes 10 weeks or so to arrive from the US to Japan.....one thing for sure is I need lots of stuff. (Hint Hint George!Send me a catalog, I also have a couple of 914 friends here too)

Byron!!?? Is that you from VBMX? Its me Jamie! Remember me??? How's it going? Cheers dude!
mikerose
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2008, 08:59 PM) *

I PMed George about getting one after the group list thing, and to my surprise he responded that I need to pay for shipping now (while those who "pre-ordered" didn't).

Having to pay for a catalog that I would be guaranteed to order from is ridiculous. All of the other mail order places I by from with catalogs send them for free.

Not yet! and I also "pre-ordered"
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I spent just short of $30,000 in postage to mail 33,000 catalogs to our customers, and am still getting over the shock (and trying to pay back the bank for the loan!!!)
The catalog if nothing else is a nice tribute to the 914, and is free (like Zach said) with an order for those of you who did not receive it. However I highly VALUE this catalog as it is not some rag out there for someone to dispose of after receiving it in the mail, so I will NOT send it out for free to anyone!!!!!! (that also keeps everyone and their mother from requesting a catalog when they do not even own a 914!!)
Bottom line is if you cannot spring for the best catalog ever for the great 914 fully refundable when you order something, you do not care much about your car!!!!! (plus you are missing a lot of great products that no one else has!!!!!)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikerose @ Feb 8 2008, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2008, 08:59 PM) *

Not yet! and I also "pre-ordered"

yours went to: 99 DOLPHIN DR
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 7 2008, 09:59 PM) *

I am shocked that I would have this kind of attitude from a fellow Connecticut Yankee! Sounds like something we would hear from a California boy!
We in Connecticut love dry humor! Lighten up Jim!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 7 2008, 09:48 PM) *

I guess maybe they don't like me, because I filled out the form but never got it, and now that I'm about to start putting everything together, there are bits that I'm going to order new.

Byron we did not have you one the list as owning a 914 that is why you missed the mailout!!!! Sorry. We paid R.L. Polk to merge purge our list to make sure that all of the addresses were correct as not to waste ONE catalog, and they did a good job! Only 36 catalogs came back.
dr914@autoatlanta.com

By the way we love EVERYONE who owns and CARES about a 914!!! Unless someone STEALS one.
ruddyboys
I also requested the free catalog months and months ago, I guess the pigeon lost his way with mine.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 8 2008, 08:13 AM) *

I am shocked that I would have this kind of attitude from a fellow Connecticut Yankee! Sounds like something we would hear from a California boy!
We in Connecticut love dry humor! Lighten up Jim!

Hey...Click to view attachment
spunone
Hate to rub it in but recieved mine several weeks ago and very nice I must say. From a CALIFORNIA BOY beer.gif
degreeoff
Got mine.....maybe he'd trade you???....LMAO sorry man I had to go there!
racerbvd
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 8 2008, 08:16 AM) *

Byron we did not have you one the list as owning a 914 that is why you missed the mailout!!!! Sorry. We paid R.L. Polk to merge purge our list to make sure that all of the addresses were correct as not to waste ONE catalog, and they did a good job! Only 36 catalogs came back.

Wow, I have consistantly owned a 914 since 1987, and true, I'm trying to thin down from 5 to the two most important ones to me ( 2 that I'll never part with either while I'm alive), they are both pretty neat & special cars too me.
mikerose
[yours went to: 99 DOLPHIN DR

[/quote]

I never got it
JPB
Didn't order one and got one in the mail about two months ago. Nice catalog! Thanks AA. beer.gif
r_towle
I think that the catalog is posted here somewhere in PDF format (By George) so you can look at it online, or at work, or even on an airplane..so you wont feel left out.

George never sent me one of the paper ones, but Geez...hes got a business to run, not a charity.

It costs $1.00 minimum to mail out 30k catalogs, and a whole lot more to get them printed...
This investment has not been made by ANY other vendor...

Rich
Steve Thacker
Yes I got one, but the ole lady threw the damn thing out by mistake!!!!!!
That was the holy grail !!!!
racerbvd
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 8 2008, 07:42 AM) *

I ordered one about two months ago or so and it has not shown up, but I am guessing it was sent surface mail cause that is the cheapest way to ship and it usually takes 10 weeks or so to arrive from the US to Japan.....one thing for sure is I need lots of stuff. (Hint Hint George!Send me a catalog, I also have a couple of 914 friends here too)

Byron!!?? Is that you from VBMX? Its me Jamie! Remember me??? How's it going? Cheers dude!

Yes Jamie, it is me!! So how is Japan dude???
As you see, the bodywork is now done, but with the move from the other shop, a bunch of stuff is "misplaced" blink.gif
What bikes are you playing with??
Steve Thacker
Yesss Frieeends I havvvah beee-in redeeemed. Prazeah the lord and pass the collection plate, uh cought...in the directshun of George.... happy11.gif

Let me be reemooved from mah savings and drive the ole lady into the bug house from mah spend'in....heehee
Eric_Shea
I will NOT send it out for free to anyone!!!!!!

I REFUSE to put wood in the stove!!!!!! (until that damn thing gives me some heat)

George... you seem to be stuck in this mentality. You lost me as a customer over a $4.13 cent heater cable (that wasn't a heater cable... it's still in the top of my tool box as a reminder) that you yourself wouldn't take back. "We sent you what you ordered." is what I heard coming from the other end of the phone. I just wanted a product credit. I've restored 3 cars since then. blink.gif

How about Paul who's building his car in front of the nation in Excellence. What was that; a M/C or somthing like that?? Quoted by someone who answered your phone?? If I recall you even went so far as to denigrate her on a public forum by saying "She's just a secretary" instead of eating what $20-30 bucks in good will (and good common marketing sense, and future profits and...) by simply selling Paul the piece at the price he was quoted. I'm fairly certain that elicited the ole MS Word "Search and Replace" feature in any of Paul's future writings.

How about T.C.? You tried to sell him back some used parts he sold you the day before for "double" and wouldn't budge. You wonder why he's so bitter and won't accept your offers to "chat"? Have you seen his latest project? Looks costly to me... confused24.gif

Tripping over dollars while desperatly seeking pennies.
jd74914
I am with Eric.

I do care quite a bit about the quality of my work, and do not have a problem spending money on my cars. Last year I spend quite a tidy sum (for me at least) on new parts for my car (we have 2 more too), and could find everything from other vendors.

Why would anyone want to buy from someone who won't give them the courtesy of a free catalog even after they ask on a 914-only site? It seems quite petty to me. Obviosuly the potential profits from customers must outweight the catalog costs.

BTW: I believe I have quite a good sense of humor, but for me humor doesn't enter into this discussion. I have noticed from your writing that while you maybe typing with a tongue-in-cheek tone in your head it really doesn't come out so well to those who don't know you.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 9 2008, 10:40 AM) *

I will NOT send it out for free to anyone!!!!!!

I REFUSE to put wood in the stove!!!!!! (until that damn thing gives me some heat)

George... you seem to be stuck in this mentality. You lost me as a customer over a $4.13 cent heater cable (that wasn't a heater cable... it's still in the top of my tool box as a reminder) that you yourself wouldn't take back. "We sent you what you ordered." is what I heard coming from the other end of the phone. I just wanted a product credit. I've restored 3 cars since then. blink.gif

How about Paul who's building his car in front of the nation in Excellence. What was that; a M/C or somthing like that?? Quoted by someone who answered your phone?? If I recall you even went so far as to denigrate her on a public forum by saying "She's just a secretary" instead of eating what $20-30 bucks in good will (and good common marketing sense, and future profits and...) by simply selling Paul the piece at the price he was quoted. I'm fairly certain that elicited the ole MS Word "Search and Replace" feature in any of Paul's future writings.

How about T.C.? You tried to sell him back some used parts he sold you the day before for "double" and wouldn't budge. You wonder why he's so bitter and won't accept your offers to "chat"? Have you seen his latest project? Looks costly to me... confused24.gif

Tripping over dollars while desperatly seeking pennies.

I was going by the offer he made on this site, then because he didn't have me listed on his list of 914 owners, I was purged, point, he made an offer on this site I like others responded, and as a long time 914 owner, was willing to give him another chance, only to be told

Yet, when he posted here, he clearly stated just give your info, and I have owned a 914, even if just a track car since the 80s.
What George saying now, isn't what he said when he made the offer.
He changed the rules sad.gif
Will he honor what he offered at first?? Doesn't look lkike like, he has said he knew of the request, and refused them sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sad. What George has done for the 914 world is a great thing, but the business side sucks. I order a lot of things from performance and paragon because of this. Odd how every order I receive they include a full catalog.

BTW George, I love the catalog you put out and thank you for this one.
GeorgeRud
The catalog thing has been going on forever, and many of us are old enough to remember that you always sent a couple of bucks to get a catalog, usually with a credit against your first order.

These things have to cost a fortune to print, and certainly to send out these days. I am amazed at how many still come regularly, and I have to think that some companies have to be charging too much to pay for all the printing/delivery costs. How many of you get a new Groit's Garage catalog every other week? I like their products and order occasionally, but nowhere near what it's got to cost to produce all these catalogs. The internet posting of the information is what we really need, and makes a whole lot more sense than piles and piles of catalogs. When I start going through my old bookshelves and finding catalogs from Electrodyne, Beach Boys Racing, Automotion, Tweeks, Imparts, etc.< all I see is how many of these companies have gone by the wayside.

In a specialty market we need to support our suppliers, be it Auto Atlanta, the Bird Boys, GPR, or whoever your favorite is. With time you'll keep seeing more and more disappearing if we don't. We use the internet all the time to communicate, what's wrong with getting parts that way as well and perhaps save a few trees along the way?
racerbvd
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 9 2008, 03:53 PM) *

The catalog thing has been going on forever, and many of us are old enough to remember that you always sent a couple of bucks to get a catalog, usually with a credit against your first order.

These things have to cost a fortune to print, and certainly to send out these days. I am amazed at how many still come regularly, and I have to think that some companies have to be charging too much to pay for all the printing/delivery costs. How many of you get a new Groit's Garage catalog every other week? I like their products and order occasionally, but nowhere near what it's got to cost to produce all these catalogs. The internet posting of the information is what we really need, and makes a whole lot more sense than piles and piles of catalogs. When I start going through my old bookshelves and finding catalogs from Electrodyne, Beach Boys Racing, Automotion, Tweeks, Imparts, etc.< all I see is how many of these companies have gone by the wayside.

In a specialty market we need to support our suppliers, be it Auto Atlanta, the Bird Boys, GPR, or whoever your favorite is. With time you'll keep seeing more and more disappearing if we don't. We use the internet all the time to communicate, what's wrong with getting parts that way as well and perhaps save a few trees along the way?

I'm by no means a newby, but when someone makes an offer, in a public forum, they shopuld honor it. Don't offer something that you don't plan on honoring. It just turns out tha since so many small bits turned up missing on my 914-6GT project, that I wanmted to start ordering parts or kit right away, like the gasket kits that AJUSA offer for 911s(which I've ordered a few of) and if a hardwarew hit was offered, I was ready, AMX in hand, to order to get my project rolling. But to be told that I was purged (from an offer made on this site, that didn't list any limits) didn't sit well with me, and to be told, after being offered the catalog for free, that I don't get one, well, you get the picture. All anyone has to do to see what I'm doing with my 914-6GT project is look at my blog, aND i STILL HAVE MY 76 914 WHICH IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO ME to build up. Both these cars have very important meaning to me, meaning that I'm not taking short cuts to do them right.
xperu
I got my catalog, thanks George, it is really really nice; I'm making a list. Thanks again George. Mike pray.gif
mack914-6
AA catalogs on evilbay for $6.00. I didn't look to see who was selling them or if that included shipping. But here's your chance to support 2 of your favorite characters in the 914 world...
By the way I did recieve mine, but have purchased a number of times from AA over the years.

Mack biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.