Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take me off the Wannabe list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Couldn't wait for the snow to melt. I almost didn't make it out of the garage.

Impressions: 1) Turbo tie rods tighten up the steering big time. Gunna have to get used to that. 2) Ride with 21mm torsion bars 19mm sway bar 150 lbs springs and Koni yellows is firmer and way, way flatter (son Gerry says way funner, I agree). 3) Removing the horse hair blanket makes the car noisier ( I don't think the Armstrong flooring pad is helping much, Oh well) 4) Gawd these cars are fun.

Here we are leaving. Lots of steam from exhaust and wheels
DNHunt
Here we are returning. Got a few problems to sort out: 1) no O2 sensor for the FI. 2) Blown fuse tach quit. No CHT gauge. 3) Temp sensors are not calibrated right (no warmup enrichment). 4) Shift pattern is out of adjustment a little. 5) Ride heigth is too high. Oh well, now I have something to do this weekend

Dave

PS Thanks to everyone for encouragement and information. Special thanks to Kevin Powers for his help. You guys are GREAT smilie_pokal.gif
trojanhorsepower
Right on Dave!

KO those lasr few bugs and you will be all set.

Looks like you guys are having fun.

-Pete
Bleyseng
Good to see it running again!! smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif
Gint
Go Doc! boldblue.gif burnout.gif
redshift
YAY!!!

M!
krk
wheeoooo! I am motivated!

Have appropriate permissions to work on the teener tomorrow -- sights like this "pump it up", as Ahrnold would say :-) If progress occurs, it will be reported!

Way to go Doc!

kim.
seanery
You lucky Dog!!!
stock93
Way to go Dave!!!

I finally got to drive mine the other day. I still have a ways to go but its driveable!!!! I did break my throttle pedal hinge on testdrive sad.gif

John
Gint
Have appropriate permissions to work on the teener tomorrow -- sights like this "pump it up", as Ahrnold would say :-) If progress occurs, it will be reported!

I don't have to tell you we want pics do I Kim?
Doug Leggins
Some days you just gotta go. driving.gif

Great to see you driving that car!!!
L8Apex
Hopefully you were getting the car sideways in the nice slick snow aktion035.gif
krk
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 9 2004, 07:27 PM)

I don't have to tell you we want pics do I Kim?

lol. You demand evidence now, eh?

yeh, if the weather is ok tomorrow, I'll be taking a run at the alternator issue. At a minimum, I have to swap the carbs so the current set can be repaired (worn throttle shafts -- I've got a set of loaners so I should a least get that settled -- and while they're out, I may as well try to sort out the "no charging" problem -- either that or by more batteries laugh.gif)

kim.
rhodyguy
nice, very nice. i bet you're glad you had the driveway paved. shall we have timed runs from east bay drive up the hill to the house?

kevin
watsonrx13
Way to go Dave!!! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
lmcchesney
Congradulations! Enjoy.
L. McChesney
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.