Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with 911 brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
I got these from a buy to upgrade to 5 lug. Just a couple of questions...
1) What type are these? (Need to know so I can order rebuild kit)
Click to view attachment
2) After I take out the 4 cross bolts should they just split?

3) How do I get this piston out? The compressor trick worked fine on the other one.
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
1. Those are A-Calipers - 3.5" Mounting ears and fluid inlet at the bottom. Thinner spacers are for the 911SC (thicker would be for the Carrera)

2. Yes. You will "need" a Ribe bit set to do it though. Those have an extremely small R6 head which I feel is disproportionate to the M9 hardware (14mm nuts). Use generous amounts of heat (read: MAPP torch) and a fairly sizable air wrench. ***ONLY USE THE RIBE BIT TO HOLD THE FASTENER.*** Use the 14mm socket and wrench to do the turning. NOTE: Depending upon "who" you order your rebuild kits from... they may not have the caliper 1/2 seals so you can put them back together. whistle[1].gif

3. First you will need to block off the other bore. Lowe's has a decent selection of large rubber washers. Get one that's larger than 48mm. Cut some flat stock and then use a c-clamp or two to cap the bore. If it won't come out with air you will need to use grease. Get an el cheapo Harbor Freight gun and unscrew the tip. The thread pattern will be an exact match for the fluid inlet. Screw it in and pump it out with the grease. You have air tools right?

(or you can buy these for $249.00) biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.