Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't Believe what a '76 is selling for!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
This thing is being sold on Ebay as "Restored".. yet the detailed photos show holes in the body.

914 '76 auction

I'm confused!

There are clearly seperatations in structural members ahead of the engine mount points if you look through all the photos.

Does this mean my '76 Native California Car with no structural problems is a mint in hiding?

rick 918-S
It's worth what the buyer is willing to pay. I agree it has some very serious rust issues.
yarin
It's got shiny paint, ppl dig shiny paint. From the pics the rust isn't terrible, but I agree that's a lot for a Cali car that's "restored" with 100k+ miles, ugly ass seats and no real description of what's been done to the car.... NEXT drunk.gif
Root_Werks
It looks like a 914 someone took somewhat appart, painted, cleaned up a few things and put back together. It looks like a nice car, but I agree the rust is probably much more extensive than the pictures show. The "restorer" didn't take off the rocker covers when the car was painted which could be bad.

Looks great, just looks like a 914 with 100k+ miles on that someone repainted, wait, it is! smile.gif
736conver
And it still hasnt met the reserve blink.gif
stateofidleness
did ya'll see the 2007 911... goooooood god thats a sexy car!
i really love the color of that 914 / curious to see what it will go for
rhodyguy
i'd like to see the front trunk with the spare removed. same for the rear with the pad out. missing the fuse panel cover. muffler tip is a bit short. the rust holes shown in the picture showcasing the long seat rail supports (?) on the bottom of the pan are swell. this car is a mess. the current high bidder better hope someone comes along and bails him or her out. weird bid history.

k
Root_Werks
Something else I just thought of was that only 4100 76's were made. That might bring the price up a little as well? Yeah, it's a BUB car, but production numbers are still low. Plus it's the only 914's other then real 914-6's that don't have a Type 47 sticker on them from VW. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.