Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - 49*F What's it like there
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
This morning it was -45*C or -49*F. (-59*F with the wind chill factor) They are calling for colder tonight. Don't ya just love winter eh?
I had to move my car today but it took about 2 hours to get the forklift running and moving so I could pick it up and move it.
I was thinking of putting all my engine parts in the welding electrode oven @ 300*C then putting all of them outside over night (-50*C) for my "northen cyrogenics" treatment. Think it will work? idea.gif
vortrex
sounds fun, I remember a day when I was in MI about 8 year ago where it was -70F wind chill. my car was the only one that started at our house, $700 '83 honda civic. drove out to the university, parked, walked to campus, then found out school was closed due to the cold! it hurts when it is that cold..
URY914
WTF?

Paul
Joe Bob
When it's that cold...I hear that you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground.....
mueba.gif
steve@ottosvenice.com
CURRENTLY TODAY

TEMP
MOSTLY CLOUDY
Winds: CLM 0 mph
Humidity: 72%
Visibility: 10 miles
Barometric: 30.14
HIGH: 70 LOW: 51

Saturday

Mostly Sunny
HIGH: 68
LOW: 52
Sunday

Partly Sunny
HIGH: 68
LOW: 52
Monday

Partly Sunny
HIGH: 66
LOW: 50
Tuesday

Mostly Sunny
HIGH: 70
LOW: 50
GWN7
Warmer weather on it's way.............Think Happy Thoughts till it comes.... smile.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 9 2004, 06:54 PM)
When it's that cold...I hear that you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground.....
mueba.gif

Actually it freezes to your lips if you don't spit fast enough laugh.gif

It kind of neat to go for a walk in this weather to here all the houses "cracking" in the cold. Sounds almost like somebody hitting the side of the house with a baseball bat every 45 seconds or so. (not every house)

I had to crawl under my truck this AM with a blow torch inone hand and the remote starter in the other. I got some moisture in the starter driving in deep snow last week and the starter is freezing solid. WTF can you do! burnout.gif This almost looks like snow.
steve@ottosvenice.com
http://watchthewater.co.la.ca.us/beach.cfm?bid=42
Mark Henry
Steve is that a snowy beach scene or is it just the smog playing tricks, WTF? confused24.gif

-24C (about -12F for those metric challanged types) this sunny morning. Sure glad to have a heated shop!
scottb
OK I won't bitch...

-5F here and just went out to do my weekly start and roll of the teener. Fired right up. That new Optima battery is great.

Had a chance at a free ticket to the Patriots/Titans game but decided to pass. Wind chill expected around -25F at game time. That would freeze my beer! beer3.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Man, dats way too cold. I have had the top off and the windows rolled down for the past two weeks.
cheers, Elliot
redshift
It's 30 here, this minute.

I just got back from the store, I drive to 'far away' store, so I completely cycle the motor to temp, costs like 10 extra bucks a week.. I like quality time with the car..

smile.gif

M
iiibdsiil
Damn. It's 49 tonight and I thought that was cold.

Lol.

- Brett Smith
redshift
You live in the Mouth of the Rat.

=oP

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.