Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who whats to do Paris-Dakar next year?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
This looks like too much fun...
URY914
URY914
jjj
URY914
URY914
nnn
URY914
mm
tracks914
I'd like to do it in a truck with Robby Gordon. driving.gif
stock93
Where do I sign up wink.gif ?

I would definately like to do the paris-dakar or at least the baja. Who knows I tinker with off road rails. I'm building my own long travel A-arm front suspension at the moment. Might eventually build a car for off road racing.

John
boxstr
Whatever floats your boat. I'll take Paris Hilton.
CCLINDOITINTHEROAD
tracks914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 9 2004, 07:12 PM)
Whatever floats your boat. I'll take Paris Hilton.
CCLINDOITINTHEROAD

Ok I'll agree with you on that one beerchug.gif but I was thinking more pure adrenaline and fear.
URY914
I want my little buddy Miles as my co-pilot.

GTF outa my way... ar15.gif

Paul sawzall-smiley.gif
Rgreen914
Don't know about doing it "in a truck with Robbie Gordon", but I'd do it in a VW diesel with Jutta Kleinschmidt...anytime!
Jeroen
Always thought Dakar was cool. It's right up there with other classics like the 24H of LeMans, Rally of Monte Carlo etc.

First two pics are as dutch as it gets... Dutch truck (DAF), dutch team (De Rooy, who is a Dakar veteran, he's been participating for as long as I can remember there was a Dakar)

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
I posted those just for you Jeroen wink.gif

Paul
Jeroen
Yeah, I know... can't stop thinking of me, can you?
biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
boxstr
tracks, good sport wink.gif . I have watched the Paris/Dakar ever since they started showing them on Speed. One thing I have always wondered is, what do they do with all of these vehicles when the race is over?? I don't think I have seen one on ebay , yet.
CCLINRALLY
URY914
Here's a picture of Jereon driving to work.
tracks914
As a former motorcycle rider I really admire the bikers in this race. THESE GUYS ARE NUTS smilie_rolli_1.gif and this is where some of them end up. Forget the big truck thing, I wouldn't want to pull one out of the sand, but...... go flying off the dunes @ 100mph and land in beach sand, that takes a "special" kind of driver. (special ed that is)
redshift
Paul, I'll navigate, and make the martinis, but I have an idea... 2 remote cameras are lighter than my fat ass... so I was thinking..

M
URY914
No way Miles, you're ass is coming along.
We'll use a sattalite internet connection and post on the board as we go.

Paul
redshift
hahahaha! Post about 914s the whole time.. silly...

I'm in.

smile.gif

M
drew365
The first two pictures look like the worlds fastest trash truck. The pic of the Ford doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in any of my neighbors driveways.
Bleyseng
Is there map of the route?
I'll meet you in Paris then wish you good luck and stay there waiting until you come back drinking coffee and stickbread.
Maybe I'll save you some too.

Geoff
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 10 2004, 08:31 AM)
Is there  map of the route?

Always thought Dakar was cool. It's right up there with other classics like the 24H of LeMans, Rally of Monte Carlo etc

agree.gif
The Carrera Panamericana Mexico is #1 in my book.
Joe Bob
Craig....I like the avatar.....is that sign available anywhere? Would look good in the shop.....
fiid
I'd do it in a heartbeat. I just don't have the $$$ to put a car together etc.. Anyone got an imprezza wrc car to donate??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.