Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club Member narrowly averts disaster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
So, I was coming back from Waffle House (I like the coffee...) when the biggest frikken RED Expedition takes my lane, on top of me, like all over me.

We were on a bridge, so I made my car blow all it's air out, and got it up on 2 wheels, and made it, with less than an inch on both sides.

He pulled off on the same exit as me, but in the other lane.

He stuck his head out, and aplogized like he had just killed me... he almost did.. but.. he was sincere, you know.. I told him it's hard to see a black glovebox, in the dark rain..

I felt bad for him, I wasn't really scared, it's not death that scares me, it's the pain. laugh.gif

Glad to be back, Bob!

M
kafermeister
Ouch! Glad everybody made it out of that one. Sounds close. Too close.

Rick
EdwardBlume
Sometimes you need luck driving a 914, other times.... angels. Very good to know you came out no worse for wear.
ChrisReale
I just need a working horn blink.gif
And a few of those saw blades that pop outta my wheels like that James Bond guy's car.
redshift
Dood, that Expedition would have eaten your horn, and those teeny lil saw blades, and expelled them through the tail pipe, whole.

sad.gif

M
Qarl
ohmy.gif
Bruce Allert
What were you doing out in the dark rain? Din't yer mother ever tell you not to wear dark colors after dark?
cool.gif

........b
Aaron Cox
sorry about that...dang soccer moms! chair.gif
redshift
I needed coffee... I must have coffee...

I needed to feel the terror of 100 little horses spinning the tires in 2nd..

M
Rgreen914
I recently had a similar experience while driving a white, new Beetle. I was on the freeway near the Anaheim Pond when some Adam Henry in an F-150 tried to "do in" my driver's door. He saw me at the last possible instant and went back into his lane; when I looked into the rear view mirror, he tried it again with the car behind me. Now you see why I hate Fords and their inept drivers!
rezron
I hate Fords also! Too bad I've gotta drive a bright red
2000 F150 shortbox so I can afford to buy more 914 parts! blink.gif I've never been a Ford person- but it was cheap and does'nt look bad.

rezron
robby750
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mikester
Lemme get this straight. You took a 914 out in the rain?
redshift
It lives in the rain.. outside... in a paddock area.. I live downtown, a garage costs $500,000.

Sorry Robby, no pics of an Expedition.

M

Attached: German Sponge
seanery
WTF!!

you have a camera blink.gif
redshift
No, I projected that image through a painful process, that includes wanting an image to appear, and grunting really, really, really hard.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.