Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0L User Manual On-Line?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
Does anybody out there know of an on-line copy of a 1974 2.0 User Manual? I would really like to have a copy of this for reference. I notice that you can buy one on eBay for $50.00 or more, but that’s out of my price range for this item. If three are no on-line versions out there, is there an issue with copyright????

Thanks in advance

JeffBowlsby
There is a pdf copy on my webpage here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/RareDocs.htm

thumb3d.gif
ericread
Jeff;

I tried your sight earlier. Great site btw! I have really enjoyed looking through your old socs. However, the link to the owners manual seems to be broken. Can you check?

Thank!
ericread
Oops!

Old DOCS, not old socs
stateofidleness
holy crap jeff! awesome resources there, thank you so much!!

"2.0L Vacuum hose diagram - Late 1974 through 1976"

awesome!! where can i order those hoses, preferably from one vendor?
Challe
Pelican and autoatlanta has those vacuumhoses...

But, I'm not sure if the hose diagram is correct? Someone here that can verify that diagram?

Dave_Darling
The 74 diagram on Pelican matches my car. Because that's what I made it from. wink.gif

Two things to be wary of: An older version of the diagram had the fuel pressure regulator shown the wrong way around; and all of mine show the decel valve plumbed the wrong way around.

BTW, you're welcome for the 74 European owner's manual! wink.gif That one came with my first 914, and I scanned it in about three or four years ago.

--DD
stateofidleness
so dave, im going to be purchasing new vacuum hoses for the entire engine and fuel lines as well. which pictures are incorrect?
ericread
DD;

Jeff's link to the Owner's Manual is still down. Any chance you have a copy of the scanned docs you could email me?

My thanks in advance.

BTW; Your earlier post pictures of you show your face. Each successive picture of you (through the historical posts) show less and less of your face.

Hmmm.......

So the question is... Are you really DD or did you steal his body (or face) and are really an impostor?

Aw, never mind.
Dave_Darling
Heh. One of my earlier avatars showed the back of my head. Brad-holio gave me some crap for not showing a pic of myself as my avatar, and the next day I ran across a pic where I was facing the other way.

The current pic is from my Russell Racing School class at Sears Point last year. smile.gif

The owner's manual is many many megabytes--more than I can email, actually. There may be a copy somewhere around here (Aaahndy?) but I'm not sure if it's still accessible.

In the current 2.0 diagrams on Pelican, the only thing that is wrong is that the two large hoses from the Decel Valve should be hooked up the other way around--the one that is shown connecting to the air cleaner needs to hook up to the manifold, and the one shown connecting to the manifold should got to the air cleaner.

--DD
ericread
Jeff Bowlsby recently re-established the link on his website for the 1974 2.0 User manual. If you're loking for the manual, it is posted here now.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/RareDocs.htm

Thanks Jeff! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.