Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racecar project for under a grand.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Heeltoe914
Well some of you saw my post looking for a new project. Found it for 900 bucks last Thursday and by Friday night the motor was out and on the bench. The car has some real trick stuff to it as you can see from the pix.

I really like the start of the Roll cage that was done lots of attention to detail.

The motor is $$$$ lots spent to make this thing go fast. I think part of the reason I wonted to run the 4 banger again for track events is that I don’t have to break the bank to be competitive like I did with the 3,2L.

The internals of the motor are very neat not many would have spent this kind of money trying to go fast.

Anyway wish me luck. Here is where the car is headed;

Dry sump 4 with 80mm crank and 44 Carbs, Chevy rods etc,
Turbo tie rods.
New 944 Turbo brakes
New sway bars. 22mm rear sway with LSD
New shocks Koni
Torsion bars and springs 23 frt 300 rear
Thomas to look at both trans that came with car.
New fuel cell
The cage will get some additional tubing
New belts.
New paint and off to the track

All with the consideration of doing a big six later????? Well Maybe? been there had great fun but its costly to go fast in POC V3 done that.

If anyone knows this car or has info on PO drop me a line. The guy I got it from was not the builder. I think its a SO CALIF, car.
Dr. Roger
$900??? !!! Wow.

Nice car ya' got there.

Aaron Cox
sick!

i hate you.
Todd Enlund
Holy stromberg.gif !!! That's a KILLER deal!
sww914
Welcome back to V-5 Leamon!
I've been wondering why you haven't been running the last few years, I haven't seen you since you got TTOD at the last Buttonwillow STS (Slalom) event. I didn't make it to the track much for quite a while, so I blamed it mostly on me.
V-3 has become quite a scene hasn't it? I can understand why you'd do something different. I think that 914's have a points disadvantage with the POC in the first place. We have to pay points to get any induction that will work with a cam, points for brakes that have pads bigger than a Triscuit, points for any wheels that are bigger than 6", on and on, all stuff that the 911's start out with.
Great deal on that car. Keep us posted.
jd74914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Feb 12 2008, 12:36 AM) *

sick!

i hate you.

agree.gif

Nice buy!
Porcharu
$900????? You sir are Awsome! I love it. I am happy for you.
stateofidleness
the car looks drunk lmao

$900??!! damn... thats a steal
degreeoff
yep, you Cali boys SUCK!...try finding that here in the east!

BUT you lucky bastard you found a great start! All the work you WON'T have to do.....DAMN!

BTW Just keep rubbing it in!!
Heeltoe914
I have been going into every box of parts I have and with a few trips to Proformance Products and Dave at TRE, I am almost ready to start putting this car together.

So far we have removed a lot of weight and done some seem welding. Eng, parts are at European Proformance. Trans, is at THOMAS's place.

I am not a paint every part kind of guy, But It will look good enought for racing.
Wish me luck.
sww914
I'm seeing more money on those shelves than you paid for the car!
How soon will it be track ready do you think?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.