Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new seats!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ghost
Hey Gang-
I joined the group a month or so ago and have been blabbing on about this and that, but never introduced myself- I found the P/P list first and talked a little there, but:
I'm 30, live smack in the middle of Washington State, have been into VW's since I was 16, owned 30 or so old cars (mostly VW a couple Porsches (click here)) since then, "restored" several. Worked in a couple German Auto repair shops (8 years worth) here and in Seattle.
My wife (married in august) owns a little Italian restaurant here in Wenatchee, so when the summer touring begins we'll talk about lunch or something.
Anyhow, bought my 1st 914/1970', and Its waaay better a car than I ever thought they could be. I never got to drive them until I bought one, I was ALWAYS the one replacing the alternator!
It was at local car dealer for $4995, I gave em' $2000 and drove it home.
Seems allright, drives great, LOTS of fun.
I'm going for a different job this summer so I have a little spare time to go to some of the gatherings and from the sounds of it you guys may even be a bit more fun than the 356 Club.
Anyhow, look forward to meeting a bunch of you in the near future.
Oh yeah, And check out my seats, recovered from scatch by yours truly. Less than perfect, but a good improvement!
Regards,
Robert O
redshift
I like the pick of your dog standing in front of the Christmas tree..

smile.gif

Welcome, and welcome.

M
Rich Bontempi
Since the average age of the 356 club is near death (LOL) I'm sure you'll have more fun with this group! Welcome!
redshift
lol

M
rhodyguy
a little italian after doing the north cacades hiway or blewet pass would be just the ticket. what's the name of the restaurant?

kevin
Joe Bob
My idjut brother went to school in Wenatchee.....78-79. Majored in ski instruction no less. For all I know I have nieces and nephews up there....about 20 something years old by now,,,,, mueba.gif He worked at a pizza joint delivering pies......

Beautiful country up there.....welcome to the board.
Bleyseng
Wenatchee is great as long as you don't stay at the motels next to the railroad tracks. I love skiing at Mission Ridge !!! awesome ski area when they have snow.

Yep, the Washington State 914 and Oregon guys are a pretty good group. You should come over for a AX in Bremerton, its a blast.

Geoff
914ghost
Thanks for all the welcomes-
Our restaurant is called Shakti's , its pretty upscale for Wenatchee.
Its all dark and moody, tons of mirrors, the old people try to walk through them. Bestest steak you ever had though.
And mission ridge USED to rule, when it was old school- still has good skiing but they've quadrupled prices and not offered anything new but a big salad and more crowded lodge.
Anyhow, is there a PNW /Seattle monthly 914 breakfast/meet in the warmer months? There was/is for the 356 club- at Mitzels in Fife.
And besides the autoX what to you guys do? Wheres/whens the action? Since I'm in the Middle of Idaho-Spokane / Seattle I'd be glad to do what I can for a get together here or Yakima, that happens sometimes.
Lots of questions ,. .
See ya,
R O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.