Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Oui, Oui, Two Perfect Days In Paris
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
So... I'll be in Frankfurt 3/11 through 3/14 and decided to take the bullet to Paris 3/15 and 3/16.

I'll get in around 10:00AM that Saturday and fly out Monday the 17th. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to put together "Two Perfect Days in Paris"

What the hell should I do, go, see, eat? Looking for advice from those who have been or are there.

I have my "pick" of hotels (insider connection):

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/parl...tel-la-defense/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/parv...-vendome-hotel/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pars...rocadero-paris/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pard...champs-elysees/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pars...ference-center/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/parc...-paris-neuilly/
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/para...gaulle-airport/

Thoughts? Can "The Collective" put something together?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Dr. Roger
first question... are you married? =)
ruddyboys
I was in Paris Last May, It was beautiful. Stayed at the Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees, its the only hotel on the Champs-Elysees. There was an open double decker bus tour, that goes around the city, it was pretty cheap and you can get off and on as you like, we used it instead of a taxi. Also go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night, all of Paris is lit up and there wasn't a line, if you want to see all of Paris in the daytime climb to the to of the Arch de Triumph.
rebelmdot

Learn some French quick. They speak English, but will not speak it to you. If they sniff you are an American they will treat you like a prick. I have been to 35 countries, and the French were the most rude people I encountered. I lived in England and Greece for a while and I always go out of my way to be culturally friendly and speak the native language to the best of my ability. Tell them you are Canadian. Try and get to see a winery. The underground caverns filled with wine and champagne bottles are amazing.
TeenerTim
You definitely want to stay on the Champs-Elysees. It's close to most everything and just walking up and down it is most enjoyable. I stayed at the Hotel de Crillon down the street from Le Louvre. Plan to spend a whole day there if you're remotely interested. You can also take cruises on the Seine in glass covered boats to see the sites. See the L'Arc de Triumph and the many scupltures up and down the Champs-Elysees. It will probably be too early for the gardens to be in bloom. I didn't get a chance but you can visit Notre Dame.

Get a French-English dictionary. I found the French to be very friendly if I at least tried to speak their language. Enjoy. pray.gif
purple
perfect 'parlay voo onglay' that will get you places....

anyway, i stay in hotel le royal on boulevard montparnasse. if you stay too close to the eiffel tower things get rediculous. that hotel i mentioned is between 150 to 250 euros a night. very nice place, nice desk staff. very close to 2 metro stations. dont rent a car there if you know what's good for you (they are CRAZY drivers) get an orange card for that week and you'll get unlimited rides on the metro.

try visiting the gallerie pompidou, a modern art museum that's a modern art masterpiece in itself. if you're into that kind of thing, i've seen some cool things there.

the louvre is of course cool. versailles really wasnt that great, so i wouldnt bother.

try notre dame, sacre cour. I havent had much time to actually enjoy the city, i tend to have to work there (in the suburbs, massy paliseau)

I'm sure others here can tell you other stuff

oh yeah, pigalle! that's a cool place, the moulin rouge is there, as well as more sex shops than you'd care to even look at. dont go there too late at night though, somewhat dangerous i've heard. you can also go shopping on the champs elysees but there isnt much there you cant find in the houston galleria (call me spoiled)

the toyota concept showroom is pretty friggen cool there. not a fan of those cars, but the concepts are neat!

have fun dude!
ruddyboys
I agree with Tim, everyone I met was very friendly, most spoke a little to a lot of English (except for taxi drives, chamber maids ect.). You can easily spend a day at the Louvre, but there is so much more to see in the 2 days your there.
shelby/914
I would just stay in Germany, Austria or go to Holland. Sorry to our members in France but I never really had a good in Paris.
Dr. Roger
the reference to single or married is because there are some seriously fine ladies there. At least at the youth hostel I was staying at. piratenanner.gif

Porsche is no stranger to hybrid technology. More than a century ago, Prof. Ferdinand Porsche, father of Dr. Ferdinand ‘Ferry’ Porsche and the founder of the car company we know today, developed the electric wheel-hub motor, a drive system he intended as an alternative to combustion engines on his early vehicles. Hailed as “the greatest invention of the age” by one trade journal, its debut at the World’s Fair in Paris on April 14, 1900 hurdled Ferdinand Porsche to worldwide fame overnight.

brer
Bhudda Bar used to be fun.
Eric_Shea
Looks like I'm zeroing in on the Marriott on Champs-Elysees. Gibson Guitars may be setting us up with a translator/tour guide for the weekend... idea.gif

Keep the suggestions coming. wink.gif

Roger... the wife:

Click to view attachment
crash914
Never got to do it but try the sewer tour...visit the catacombs.

I stayed at hotel du Louvre. Nice but expensive. I have stayed a little further down the river and that was ok to. Get the cart Orange transit pass. its good for unlimited travel on the metro for I think 3 days. forget Euro disney. The Bastille is not there anymore so don't bother going there.

for dinner, almost everywhere will ask if you have a reservation. Use the hotel for this. I never did, it just put the waiters out...go figure. The food is great! You van go visit jim Morrison's grave...I can't remember the name of the cemetery. The Ledo is fun. lots of stuff by the Louvre...

easy to spend 2 days, lots to do. have fun...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2008, 10:11 AM) *

Any advice would be appreciated.

under no circumstances ever order your meat "well done" ... unsure.gif

unless you want to face off with a furious chef storming out of the kitchen wielding a large kitchen knife! happened to me ...
biggrin.gif Andy
r_towle
If you are just with your wife, the Louve...at least a few hours...gotta do it.

Find the smallest out of the way local Crepe joint...small, neighborhood one. Way better than anything you get at the marriott.

The tower..gotta do it.
Do it in the evening, smaller line.
Not to late (high crime in that part of town after 8pm)
Get a hanging wallet....super high pickpocket city...seriously.

First thing you need to do is find a guy with a dog.
Walk up and in your best french accented english...
ask (does your dog bite)
If you have seen Peter Sellers in Pink Panther, you will get it.
My fatherinlaw joined me and the family in paris for a few day...he ran to the first guy he could find and asked that...he was in tears he was laughing so hard.

Versia (boring, not even worth spelling it right)
If you are with your daughter...Euro Disney is close, and special/different.

Crepes...wine, crepes...

Have fun.
Walk down some of the streets at night,,,straight, beautiful, laid out with style...some parts of town are famous for the layout of the streets and the views.

Rich
TeenerTim
In order to have the most fun, I think you should leave your wife with me and take the trip alone. I'll look after her while you're gone. happy11.gif
pete-stevers
eric i can do french lessons, but sorry not for you...
but seriously....don't walk,run to the nearest bakery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ruddyboys
My favorite photo I took in Paris.

TINCAN914
I was watching the news last night and the British are trying to change the perspective of other countries, so they asked the general population to come up with a new slogo for te country. One was "The United Kingdom, at least were not french" biggrin.gif
JPB
First thing on the list, make passionate love to your beautiful wife in Paris. If she is not with you when you go, make passionate love with your wife in Paris on the phone. beer.gif
carr914
Enjoy yourself Eric, never been off the continent, so no advise for except if you do anything naughty, I'll be glad to learn Portugeise and deal with your .... no just have a good time and behave.

all the best, T.C.
okieflyr
My wife and I went to Paris for 2 days last May.
We used the www.Rick Steves.com info and it set us up very well.
LOT's of insight to opening times, and we used his condensed Louvre tour on our ipods. Our landing at the Norde train station was an experience from no supplied toilet paper in the restroom, to all the gypsys.
We spoke very little French, and had NO rude experiences with anybody(except the gypsys).
We stayed at the worn Hilton hotel, and had tower view from our balcony on our wedding aniversary. grouphug.gif
Alot of the restaurants in the area had dual or translated menus, and we never had a bad meal, as they take pride in their food. (I never found the spit anyway).
Our second night we stayed by the rue Cler market (great for lunch).
They will inspect your bags for certain restricted items that are not allowed to go up the tower. Watch out for the pickpockets, and gypsys young and old.
We enjoyed it alot!
Click to view attachment
I got lots of night pics...
ClayPerrine
Betty and I got married in 88, and we finally went on our honeymoon in 93. Paris was great, we spent a week there. Don't ride with a French taxi driver, all of them think that they should be driving Formula 1. Forget a car, ride the Metro, it will get you where ever you want to go in Paris.

The Lourve was great, but I spoiled it for Betty. We were looking at the Venus De Milo, and I leaned over and said "What does she do when her alarm clock goes off in the morning?". Betty started laughing, and so did the English couple behind us.

Loved the Tower. We did it in daylight, and the view was great. But beware the Pigeons that live below the tower... they are fearless and attack anyone who has food. Get the baugette with the hot dog inside. It was great for a walking around lunch.

Also, make sure you see the Arch... it is great looking down at the traffic.. no lane markers and everyone is changing lanes. Add the motorcycles and it is amazing they don't have more fatalities.

Oh.. and make sure to ask a Pretty French girl if you can see her "BoBos".

biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
BoBos... check. (Where's Betty and the frying pan when ya need her?) biggrin.gif

All good stuff. Thanks gang! I have a feeling two days is going to go quickly. So far it's

Champs Marriott
Arc
Louvre
Tower
mudfoot76
Under no circumstance should you spend even one attosecond in fuchin' disney world. You only have two days in Paris - if you've never been before don't waste any time at Disney...

L'Arc during the day - watch the traffic below. Head towards the Tower near sunset and plan to stay up there until the lights turn on. If you're into art, there are too many museums to choose from - pick an artist or style and the hotel desk can tell you where to go. Most definitely ride the metro or walk - avoid the taxis. Find a sidewalk creperie and enjoy! Try to avoid anything that looks even remotely like a chain restaurant.

I had a wonderful time in Paris but that is not always the case, especially if you don't know any French. The small shop keepers don't always like people just wandering around, so you can ask "entre libre" and if they say 'oui' (yes) then it is OK to go in and browse.

Bon chance!
PRS914-6
Eric, go to a book store and get Rick Steve's Paris. Take his recommendations and you won't go wrong. Musee Jacquemart-andre is great. A walk on Rue Cler in the morning and a afternoon at Louver.

You can order direct from Rick Steve's as well. They are really fast at shipping. Order on line HERE

Paris has mixed reviews on how they treat Americans but seems to be getting worse. The further you get away from Paris the better it gets.

Try to remember to first "attempt" to communicate in French despite how uncomfortable you are about it. By asking them first to speak English without a word of French from your mouth puts them in the discomfort zone since they won't want to sound wrong (second language) Once the ice is broken with your blunder, it should go better. I think Americans "expect" them to speak English which perpetuates the problem.
r_towle
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2008, 10:38 PM) *

BoBos... check. (Where's Betty and the frying pan when ya need her?) biggrin.gif

All good stuff. Thanks gang! I have a feeling two days is going to go quickly. So far it's

Champs Marriott
Arc
Louvre
Tower

Dont forget Crepes...

Funny, I speak no french, but at the time I spoke german pretty well.
I would ask in German if they spoke german...they said no..then we talked in English...it worked.
No one is rude, they are french.
Dont forget the cathedral...its awesome to look at from outside and inside.
jimtab
Stay in the City of light, wherever, La Louvre especially the Egyptian stuff...you can't begin to see it all in 2 days...Notre Dame from the outside at least, ice creme (glace) at Berthillon on Ile St-Louis, have lunch in the student district in the Latin Quarter, DRINK the best wine you can afford, particularly the Bourgone...you can't afford here what you can there, and vintages are prohibitive here, just expensive there...and a good champagne before bed if your sweetie is there....if not a nice Kir Royale. Bon Chance et Bon Voyage...I am very jealous...the French are wonderful folks.
1970 Neun vierzehn
You gotta know that we all expect and want pics of this trip, eh? popcorn[1].gif
Paul
bigkensteele
I lived in Holland for most of 1997 and went to Paris 3 or 4 times. Each and every time the people were rude, and the last time, my father's wallet was stolen within 30 minutes of our arrival. I was sure that I would never return.

However, my wife and I went back in 2004, and while on the train between London and Paris, we picked up as much of the fundamental French phrases as we could. It made all the difference in the world. Learn how to say "hello, do you speak english" and "thankyou", and you will have a much nicer time.

Paris is probably the most beautiful city in the world, and there is much to do. I always go back to Jim Morrison's grave, but that is a hike from the center of the city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jim-Mor..._Lachaise_2.jpg

You have to go up the Eifel tower and the Arch. Go to Notre Damme.

You could spend two days just in the Louvre, but get a map beforehand and hit the things you want to see in 4 hours.

Take a boat ride on the Seine. We picked ours up basically right in front of the Eifle tower, and it was a nice two hours off our feet.

Get the one or two day subway pass and become familiar with the map and destinations before you go. Will save you lots of time.

I have always wanted to see the catacombes, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Depending on your idea of fun, Amsterdam is also amazing. The Dutch are very nice and fun people, and even if you aren't into dope and hookers, Amsterdam is an amazing city.

Have a great time - I wish I could get back sometime soon. Take some pictures and post when you return.

Ken
roadster fan
Eric,

You can't go wrong with Rick Steeves' advice on Paris. I agree with attempting to converse in your best french, everyone seemed to appreciate the fact we did not expect them to speak english. Almost everyone did (better english than my french for sure) and were very friendly if we attempted our version of french first.

On my must do list:

Tower Eiffel
Musee' de Orsay, see the impressionist gallery, you need more time for the Louvre
Arch de Triomphe. climb the steps to the top and enjoy the chaos from above!
eat Pan au Chocolat
eat Apricot preserves
enjoy a prix fixe meal at a fine restaurant. I enjoyed a dinner in the Dordogne region with a different wine for each course. I think it cost about $6 million but I would do it again wub.gif

These are my personal favorites. Do as much as you can, plan ahead, and definitely eat and drink the best they have. Never had a bad dining experience.

Oh, and I agree with SirAndy, do not order meat well done. My wife was convinced (first and possibly last time) by a waiter not to do so our last night in Paris. I think the waiter was afraid HE would be butchered if he returned to the kitchen with the order!

Jim

Skaferlatine
HELLO Everyone,
I live in France and I am French but I am in the south of France.
I will be charmed to meet you if somebody came to make tourism in my area. chowtime.gif flag.gif beerchug.gif
I don't have bilingual. I will make the effort.
to the wise.

johannes
Hi ! I am french too ...

You are always welcome in my region (Alsace) in the east of France.

Watch this video :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31x1a_vi...erre-de-tresors

Once I will make a tour suggestion because in a 200 miles circle around Strasbourg we have a ton of great things to see. Especially for you all car enthousiasts.
Strasbourg is now 2 1/2 hours from Paris by Train (New TGV line)
So when in France, visit Paris then go to Strasbourg and rent a car.

Suggestions for your trip ...

Cars:

Porsche and Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart ( new Porsche Museum will open next year).
Peugeot Museum in Sauchaux
National Car Museum in Mulhouse (One of the largest in the world )

Cars + Planes and trains:

Technic Museum in Speyer and Sinsheim
Trains
National Train Museum in Mulhouse

Fun:

Europapark : Better than Disney
Autobahn ... You now ! no speed limit !
Nurburgring : Greatest track on earth ...
Vosges and Schwartzwald ... nice small roads

Culture:

Strasbourg and Colmar are some of the most beautifull towns and all around dozens of cute villages...
Haut Königsburg: Medieval Castle 3rd most visited monument in France

Food and Wine ... Well, it's France after all.

I have friends from California who stayed in Alsace last year for a few weeks...
They were so pleased they will come again this year ! ...
Eric_Shea
Johannes,

Thanks for the info. I've already been to both the Mercedes and Porsche Museum. I'm happy to see they are finally getting something better than the "hallway" they've had.

I think two days in Paris is going to go fast. I'd like to come back for a week with the family and Alsace may be in the cards. Can you make it to Paris?

I guess I'll go dig into the Rick Steve's stuff.

I know a bit of Portuguese and a bit of German... I guess I'll spend the next 30 days learning a bit of French. Let's see; "BoBo", "BoBo", "BoBo" Got it.
So.Cal.914
Have a good time and be careful Eric... smile.gif
Eric_Shea

You could spend two days just in the Louvre, but get a map beforehand and hit the things you want to see in 4 hours.

Take a boat ride on the Seine. We picked ours up basically right in front of the Eifle tower, and it was a nice two hours off our feet.

Get the one or two day subway pass and become familiar with the map and destinations before you go. Will save you lots of time.

I have always wanted to see the catacombes, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

All good ideas... Wondering about the river cruise. Does it pick up and drop off in the same location? The reason I ask is; I liked the other suggestion of hitting the tower around dusk, so I'd like to do the river cruise before hand and have it drop me off there.

I wonder if I could fit the catacombes in a two day schedule... idea.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 14 2008, 01:49 PM) *

All good ideas... Wondering about the river cruise. Does it pick up and drop off in the same location? The reason I ask is; I liked the other suggestion of hitting the tower around dusk, so I'd like to do the river cruise before hand and have it drop me off there.

I wonder if I could fit the catacombes in a two day schedule... idea.gif

Man, you are asking me to remember 4 years ago! I don't think that we stopped anywhere, which would allow getting off and back on. However, there are a lot of those tour boats, and I would bet that some would allow you to do that.

That reminds me of a couple of other suggestions - talk to the concierge at your hotel about boat tours and such - he can answer those kinds of questions. But we also asked the doormen and clerks where to eat. I think that kickbacks are pretty common over there, and you might get your most honest answers out of people who have to take their lunch and dinner breaks in the area. Put all of your valuables that you won't need in the hotel safe-deposit box.

Put your wallet in your front pocket, and touch it every 2 minutes. If you witness anything out of the ordinary that would draw your attention, check all of your valuables including your watch. The thieves there are amazing in their skill and ability to draw you away from the fact that you are being robbed. Have fun, but be careful.

Ken
carreraguy
Eric:
My wife, son and I were in Paris about 5 years ago around Bastille Day - had a blast! We stayed at the Hotel Ceramic - not too far from the Arch d' Triumphe. I've heard the the "Rue Clerc" neighborhood near the Eiffel Tower is a great place to stay too - lots of flower vendors etc. in the area and very colorful. Never experienced anything but friendly French people. Some actually spoke English! ohmy.gif) However, you can tell they really like it if you at least try to speak French and you don't stick out as an "Ugly American". Don't over/under dress and be obviously American, try to blend in and be polite and not demanding and watch your wallet/purse. We all enjoyed the fantastic art museums such as the Orsay and the Louvre. No way you can spend more than a few hours at the Louvre considering your schedule; but you have to at least try to see the Mona Lisa and the "Winged Victory"! I especially remember the great Impressionist paintings we saw - hard to believe you could actually get nose to nose with Renoir, Degas, Manet, Monet and Van Gogh. We even saw "Whistler's Mother" at an exhibition on loan from the US! Try to get museum passes form the tourist office on the Champs Elysses - inexpensive and you get head of the line privileges! Highly recommend a sunset cruise on the Seine - very romantic with the wife, some French red (wine), and a great way to see the city. Take a double deck tour of the city and you can get off and on as much as you want all day. Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower (can be a loooong wait to get to the top), the Left Bank, the Tuleries garden, Place de La Concorde, Les Invalides, climbing to the top of the Arch d' Triumphe, walking the Champs Elysses, all very memorable. You likely won't have the time, but we took a day trip to Caen by train to see the D-Day landing beaches and the American and German cemetaries; there is a very memorable D-Day museum in Caen that was definitely worth the time.
We crammed a lot of stuff into three days but it takes an early start. I highly recommend Rick Steve's paperback book on Paris - an invaluable resource. Sorry for the verbosity here -but it ll comes flowing back and it's nice reminiscing! Bon chance!
Eric_Shea
Digging lots of nuggets from that. Thanks Tom.

I guess it pays to be a bit street-wise from the sound of things. Double decker bus may be the transportation of choice.

Yesterday I ordered Rick Steve's "Paris" and "French/English" dictionary. God Bless Amazon... whoppin $12.00 for both. Enough to make any CSOB teener owner blush.
okieflyr
agree.gif We took the glass boat tour from the Tower as it had been raining off and on. Some of the tour boats make stops along the way, to be hop on and off as needed like the tour buses. Our boat had a rear covered deck that we stayed on most of the time so we could see better. (the glass was wet from the rain). We struggled at times to find the right bus at times, but ALWAYS traveled on tera firma to see more of the city since we only had two days.
We used the early morning Metro to return to the Norde station for our departure.
By the way, the Tower has multiple entrances, so check others if the line is long.
Have fun!
Ian Stott
Not a good idea to " pretend " you are Canadian, they will find out very quickly you are not and they will show you the definition of rude in a heartbeat. Rather than saying the french are arrogant I use the word proud, and they have excellant food, and many other things to be proud of, lived on the other side of the Rhine for 4 years and was in France quite often. Treat them with respect and you will most likely get the same, all above suggestions regarding your wallet, heed them! River cruise very romantic with your wife, ranks as one of the top 3 things to do every time.

Bon Chance

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
New Brunswick is Canada's only officially bilingual province and Moncton is an officially bilingual city, my oldest daughter was an exchange student in France for 6 month's. But I prefer German cars!!
PThompson509
Hiya,

I've been to Paris several times, and have almost always had a good time there. Just don't go in July or August.

I second the suggestion of the Musee D'orsay - amazing art in there.

For the food, try any Brasserie that does not have tourists in it, especially near the Notre Dame. When you do get a table, prepare to spend the night there...order the house red and you won't go wrong. Ask for suggestions from the waiter and then take them. Be prepared for food you have never tasted before...be adventerous.

For the hotel, try this one: http://www.selecthotel.fr/
It is a small hotel near La Sorbonne, and very near a Metro station. TONS of restaurants on Blvd Saint Germaine , walking distance to Notre Dame,e tc.

Learn some basic french phrases - Yes, No, Thank you, Please, Excuse me, I'm sorry, and Do you speak english? Those phrases alone will make your stay so much better.

If it matters, when people ask if I am American, I say I'm a Californian. It makes them smile. smile.gif

Cheers!
Peter

tdgray
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2008, 01:11 PM) *

So... I'll be in Frankfurt 3/11 through 3/14 and decided to take the bullet to Paris 3/15 and 3/16.

I'll get in around 10:00AM that Saturday and fly out Monday the 17th. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to put together "Two Perfect Days in Paris"

What the hell should I do, go, see, eat? Looking for advice from those who have been or are there.

First things first... when in Rome act as the Romans do... in other words get off the train and surrender right away biggrin.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE(PThompson509 @ Feb 15 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Learn some basic french phrases

Let me help:
English French (Pronounce)

Yes oui (wee)

No non (no)

Thank you Merci (Mayr-see)

Please S'il vous plait (see voo play)

Excuse me Pardon (Pardon)

I'm sorry Je suis desole (zhe swee day-so-lay)

Do you speak english? Parlez-vous anglais (par-lay vooz an-glay)

balljoint
If you see a pile of flowers at the entrance to a tunnel under the Seine, near the Eiffel Tower, that will be a shrine to Lady Di.

Remember this phrase: Je suis canadienne.

And it's not Voulez vous cochon avec moi ce soire. So don't get that phrase in your head.

Order some jambes de grenouilles.

When you need a clean public washroom head for McDonalds, there's one on the Champs D'Elysees.

Check out the book stalls along the Seine. They had had some great deals on 1960's issues of the France publication of Playboy. That's classic literature, even if you can't read french. smile.gif
PThompson509
C'est Parfait! Merci mudfoot. smile.gif I had to run off to a meeting, otherwise would have provided that guide. Really.

Oh, the metro is definitely the way to get around paris, unless it is strike season (listen for the phrase La Greve - means strike). The metro is my main means of transport in Paris, but I will use a taxi if I'm getting too tired.

Sacre Coeur and Notre Dame are both very nice cathedrals, but for amazing stained glass it is hard to beat St. Chapelle. http://www.paris.org/Monuments/Sainte.Chapelle/

If you want caffeine, but want to save a bit, order the cafe while standing at the bar. You pay a bit extra if you want a seat and table. Don't bother with cappucino or other such, the 'cafe' is nice and strong, and you can add sugar or real milk to flavor.

Oh man, I am somewhat jealous of you being there on vacation. I'll be there in April, but I'll be working.

Au bientot! (see you later) [o be yen to] :-D

Cheers,
Peter

mudfoot76
QUOTE(PThompson509 @ Feb 15 2008, 01:55 PM) *

C'est Parfait! Merci mudfoot. smile.gif

De rien beer.gif

Oh yeah, +1 on visiting St. Chappelle!! I found that much more impressive than Notre Dame.
johannes
Anyone tested "Paris tour in 2CV" ?

http://www.4roues-sous-1parapluie.com

not a 914 but a convertible ...

I used to own a 1964 2CV AZAM ...

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Best mode of transportation from Nord station to hotel?

Best mode of transportation from hotel to Charles Degaulle?

Metro?
jaminM3
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2008, 11:11 AM) *

Marriot huh? I bet you know someone that works at the reservation center in SLC. My sister works there and is always getting us great room rates on great hotels. thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
biggrin.gif

E49.00 per night. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.