Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More ebay BS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I just needed to gripe to someone, anyone...
I won an auction for a Hotwheels 911. I figured shoot, for $.25 I can't go wrong. The auction said buyer to pay for shipping costs. No problem except that the shipping calculator didn't work as the seller didn't input all of the information. Well, I've sold a few hotwheels before and it cost me a whopping $1.85 to send them first class. I got a message that I was to pay... get this... $8.35. I told her that I would pay $4.25 total which is the cost I canculated from the non working link in her auction by inserting her zip manually. This is for priority. She says she'll lower to $6.60 but that it. She also think I can retract my bid after the auction closed. WTF!!!

I just refuse to pay that much more for a $.99 item. Am I wrong in my thinking??? headbang.gif
seanery
some people suck.
wanna get paid for THEIR time by overcharging shipping.

When you know what it actually costs, it's gets frustrating.

USPriority $3.85 for up to a pound and they'll give you the damn box! If you really want it, it's not a ton of money, but the principle is the issue.
bernbomb914
people tend to forget about shipping when they bid on ebay and vendors take advantage of the buyer by charging a handleing fee with the shipping. as per your example. I would try to get her to charge shipping only or tell you will pay but will give her a bad mark on her record by explaining her extra charges.

Bernie
redshift
Send her a box, with your addy, and postage on it.

M
djm914-6
GOOD IDEA!!!
We'll see if she get's back to me. I thought about shipping and handling, but didn't figure the handling charge would be that much more. It would have been another thing if she mentioned such a high rate in the ad, but instead used a function she didn't know how to use correctly. It wasn't until this morning that the calculator worked in all of her auctions. Even late last night it wasn't working and I sent he a reply with a copy of what the calculator came up with.

Service Rate
First Class®
Estimated delivery in 1-3 days $1.98
Priority Mail®
Estimated delivery in 2-3 days $3.85
Express Mail®
Overnight to many areas $13.65

Why choose US Postal Service?

Confirm Delivery

Affordable and Reliable

No surcharge for Saturday and residential delivery

Now, the calculator only lists UPS which is so costly plus more handling.
boxstr
I Ebay purchased a drawing of a 32 Ford Deuce, bid $10.00 Won the bid. Tried to email seller during auction, no reply, I was asking for the S&H amount.
Seller finally gets back to me 10 days after auction finish.
Informs me the S&H are $20.00 for a piece of paper, that I know he can send as Media Material for $1.50 USPS.
I said no,I will pay this for the item and this for S&H no reply from seller. If I would have been informed of his sS&H cost before bidding It would not have happened
If I did not ship items of all kinds and weights and sizes, then I would not any room to complain. It is not fair when some seller wants tou to pay double for what you know will cost less.
CCLINRANTVILLE
vortrex
my mom bought a $65 item on ebay last week. the wrong item arrived at her house. she emails the seller and the seller says he thinks he sent her item to someone else, please accept my apologies. has not answered anymore emails after that.
rhodyguy
the priority figure is correct for the first lb. across town or across the country. you offer x and she offers y. the dif is $2.35. is it the principle or the 235 pennies? if a box charge is indicated up front i see no issue. the seller is screwed. she's not even making gas money to get to the shipping point. but that's her problem. i've had more than a few messurement discussions with ups, fedx, etc, over box sizes. they WILL round up to the next highest inch if you let them get away with it. if you let them, the shipping gets out of control. example, "that is not 56". it is 55 3/4" ". 1/4" under that magic 108" is huge in the world of shipping costs.

kevin
anthony
I always charge a few extra bucks for shipping and handling in my ebay auctions to defray ebay/paypal expenses which run 6-9% of the final auction price. Of course nobody complains about $12 for shipping/handling for a $200 item.

In this case if the handling fee wasn't specified in auction ahead of time then the seller doesn't have a leg to stand on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.