Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different Vendors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
In all the threads I have read I don't recall seeing CB mentioned as a possible vendor for 914 parts. I just happened to find their web site and was surprised to see how many 914 type 4 parts they sell.
Is there a reason?blink.gif
CB Performance
seanery
they are mostly a vw parts place. I've used em for carb linkages and stuff like that. Good service and nice phone people.
skline
I have bought a bunch of stuff from CB. They are great, fast and up front with their prices. They also offer great tech support for carb issues. It is strange that nobody ever mentions them.
914ghost
Yeah, they rock aktion035.gif , no problems EVER, instant and very helpful service. Refunds when you want'em too!
R O
tracks914
I have a 1996 catalogue from them and the prices they have on their web site seem pretty good.
Don't seem to have an 914 specific parts but lots of type 4 1.7, 1.8, 2.0 and big bore kits and parts.
URY914
I use them.
There're everything that AA isn't. laugh.gif

Paul
Porsche Rescue
Bought Weber jets from them. As others say, great on the phone. Many years ago called "Claude's Buggys", specializing in VW/Dune Buggy performance. I think Claude is the pioneer in Weber applications to VW engines. Good folks.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Jan 11 2004, 07:18 PM)
I think Claude is the pioneer in Weber applications to VW engines. Good folks.

CB's been around a long time but I definitely wouldn't call them the pioneer in Weber applications.

Empi (not Mr. Bug) was the pioneer of all things VW.
CB, Gene Berg, Dino Dynosoars and many others were the second generation of VW hi-po parts makers.

CB has fairly good parts at reasonable prices, but they do have a fair bit of crap, mostly type1 fluff junk. There are companies that have better stuff, but for a price.

I have used all kinds of CB stuff on customer’s cars, but except for the lowered spindles on my bug I tend to spend the coin on better parts. For our 914's they really only have engine parts, most of it is pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.