Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear shock absorber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zenocchio
I'm changing the rear shocks and I have some troubles with a part of them.

As shown in the pic, the part numb 34 in my case is totally dead!

Click to view attachment

I went to my local porsche dealer and that piece is not more availlable.

As you can see my gum piece is so destroyed that i can't figure out his shape.

Click to view attachment

Do you have a pic of that so I can maybe build it up by myself?

Do you think that the 911 shocks has the same element?
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(zenocchio @ Feb 15 2008, 09:35 AM) *

I'm changing the rear shocks and I have some troubles with a part of them.

As shown in the pic, the part numb 34 in my case is totally dead!

Click to view attachment

I went to my local porsche dealer and that piece is not more availlable.

As you can see my gum piece is so destroyed that i can't figure out his shape.

Click to view attachment

Do you have a pic of that so I can maybe build it up by myself?

Do you think that the 911 shocks has the same element?

#34 is the jounce bumper and you can replace them inexpensively.
http://www.paragon-products.com/category_s/195.htm

That piece that you are trying to get doesn't look like a jounce bumper.
I have seen spring hats and lower cups that have a rubber insulator that looks something just like a hat except made of rubber. I recall some Koni sports came with them. Easy way to reproduce them is get some PlastDip spray and spray the spring contact area of the hat with about 5 coats.
zenocchio
Thank you very much for your help,

I thought that was that numbered èpart because it is in between the 35 and the 32.

I attach some more pics of the parts,
if is not a bumper stop why I haven't found it in my shocks?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Joe Ricard
Yep you need a bump stop. You can find them at any autoparts store. or buy the ones from Paragon which are nice pieces and look like te ones that come from Koni.
jesiv
Give Rich Bontempi a call at High Performance House. He has every part you could every need! You can reach him at 650-364-6234 or HPHPORSCHE@aol.com

Tell rich I said howdy.

Regards,

James
zenocchio
QUOTE(jesiv @ Feb 16 2008, 04:27 PM) *

Give Rich Bontempi a call at High Performance House. He has every part you could every need! You can reach him at 650-364-6234 or HPHPORSCHE@aol.com

Tell rich I said howdy.

Regards,

James

Thanks guys,
before buyng something there in US i maybe better search something here in europe.
I just ordered the 911 part, I will let you know how it fits next week when ill receive the pieces.

ciao!
rascobo
Had to jump in here. I'm waiting for a call back from Bilstien as my set of fronts and rears just arrived without any. They tell me the front inserts have them built-in and they are researching the rears and will let me know. I've yet to find any for less than $15.00 each. Good luck. wacko.gif
rascobo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Feb 16 2008, 06:17 AM) *

Yep you need a bump stop. You can find them at any autoparts store. or buy the ones from Paragon which are nice pieces and look like te ones that come from Koni.

The supplemental springs or bump stops at Paragon are only for the front strut inserts, they're too large for the rears (hole diameter). mad.gif
Cap'n Krusty
A Golf/Rabbit bump stop might work. I need to get a 914 one and look through the parts on hand and do a matchup. They'll be harder, but should work. The Cap'n
rascobo
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 21 2008, 05:39 PM) *

A Golf/Rabbit bump stop might work. I need to get a 914 one and look through the parts on hand and do a matchup. They'll be harder, but should work. The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n,

I found a pair of NOS 911's in my misc. parts box, figured I'd cut them down to 70mm (914height). Depending on which end I use (they're progressive), they'll either be stiffer or softer than stock, but at least provide some protection. Appreciate your search, if you find a closer match let me know.

Scott bye1.gif
rascobo
QUOTE(rascobo @ Jun 19 2008, 03:49 PM) *

Had to jump in here. I'm waiting for a call back from Bilstien as my set of fronts and rears just arrived without any. They tell me the front inserts have them built-in and they are researching the rears and will let me know. I've yet to find any for less than $15.00 each. Good luck. wacko.gif

Update:

Bilstien and some other manufactures DO incorporate an internal bump stop in their strut inserts, but NOT their shocks. Also the Koni style offered by Poragon are applicable to struts only, the hole is too large for the shocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.