Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sponsors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
slackin' at work
I had started a few aircooled clubs over the years. one in RI and one here in VA.

we would usually get sponsors for these kinds of stuff. would help out with cash or swag to raffle off.

is this something we should look into?

VaccaRabite
We have had sponsors in the past.

In fact, last year we had swag that we never got around to giving out. I think that Matt still has it, and I will ask him to bring it.

As far as other donations,
Looks like people are willing to make cash donations. I did not ask people from them last year, but people gave any way. I donated about $100, and I think the other planners did also. You know you facility and surrounding area the best.

Last year, most of the money went towards the BBQ catering, and a spot-a-pot. We had shirts made, but they mostly paid for themselves. The door prize stuff was donated, but we had such a great time that we forgot about it. *oops*

It would be a good idea to try and get more stuff to door prize or raffle away. It is, at the very least, a draw for folks.

Zach
ws91420
CDOC is in the Charlottesville area. They seem to be primarily for the race crowd w/ 911's, but might be woth asking.
slackin' at work
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Feb 16 2008, 07:28 PM) *

CDOC is in the Charlottesville area. They seem to be primarily for the race crowd w/ 911's, but might be woth asking.

the owners of CDOC are actually very nice. went to a party at there house one time.
They aren't in cville anymore but they are just north of me so I can probably run up there.

good call. I had totally forgot about them.
-chris
slackin' at work
im also going to talk to the local vw and porsche dealerships to see
if they'd throw us some $$.

Im not even sure the VW dealership will even know what the car is
(because they suck) but the porsche dealership will probably be
down with sponsorship.

Rick L
I still have the door-prizes from last year and raffle tickets for that give-away.

I also still have T-shirts from last year, I kinda took a bath on those.

I'm talking to Charm City Cakes about a cake for this year's event.

I can talk to Tischer Porsche in Laurel about sponsorship also.
Rick L
I have logos from the past two years and existing art that can be updated for new T's with minimal cost. If we do T's again this year, I recommend pre-ordering.

I know someone with a 3 car trailer and tow vehicle that may sponsor us in the form of loaning it to us to move cars not comfortable with the longer trip.

Planning this early is nice!

Rick
ws91420
Sent a feeler email to G&W Motorwerkes in Staunton. According to their website they have a 74 914 that was raced by or made to look like a Mark Donohue (sp) car.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Feb 19 2008, 10:51 AM) *

I still have the door-prizes from last year and raffle tickets for that give-away.

Rick, could you email me the designs from the t-shirts?
I have some ideas...

Zach
slackin' at work
have I mentioned Im a professional graphic designer/web designer??

if we need anything designed, I can take care of it.
I would just like to see what was done previously.

there is also a screen printing place right next to my office for t-shirts... or perhaps ECC beer cozys! drunk.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(slackin' at work @ Feb 20 2008, 08:51 AM) *

have I mentioned Im a professional graphic designer/web designer??

if we need anything designed, I can take care of it.
I would just like to see what was done previously.

there is also a screen printing place right next to my office for t-shirts... or perhaps ECC beer cozys! drunk.gif

You win... I also do graphics and web design, but my skills are rusty from when I used to do it a lot more often - and you have the printers already worked out.

Here is what I was thinking:
How about the back of the shirt we put the logos of our sponsors and donors. It is added incentive for local businesses to give us money, and is a nice "thanks" to member vendors, etc who give us swag to door prize off.

I was also thinking of offering an "upscale" shirt kinda like the Red Rocks shirt last year. More spendy, but they seemed to be a hit at Red Rocks. Mike (dr evil) was wearing one at ECC last year.

Zach
slackin' at work
happen to have a picture of the "upscale" shirt?

Ive never liked the typical "car show" type t-shirts with the over done graphics and about 2 pounds of ink. I like the idea of a more upscale "less is more" type deal.
VaccaRabite
Check out this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=67902&hl=

The shirts came out really well.

I was thinking of doing something similar for ECC 2008. In particular I like the idea of the embroidered username, and a simple single or dual color embroidered patch for the ECC logo (gear with a knife and fork if I remember correctly). They were more spendy, like $45 a shirt, but they sold a bunch of them.

Zach
Rick L
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 20 2008, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Feb 19 2008, 10:51 AM) *

Rick, could you email me the designs from the t-shirts?
I have some ideas...

Zach

Yep, I'll send 'em to both of ya.
zymurgist
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Feb 19 2008, 11:51 AM) *

Ooo, a 914 / Type4 shaped cake!

It could be on the TV show too!
zymurgist
Does anybody know ArtechnikA? He mentioned donating artwork to PCA events in the "what have you won?" thread in the Sandbox.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 30 2008, 08:26 AM) *

Does anybody know ArtechnikA? He mentioned donating artwork to PCA events in the "what have you won?" thread in the Sandbox.

Hit him up, Ken. :-)

Worst he can say is "no."

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.