Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getty Fiberglass / Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
What I am in for is the Bumper Set, Front and Rear with Tops molded in with the GT cutout in the front.

Getty also makes a GT front bumper with cutout for oil cooler, LE valences, GT valence with oil cooler opening, short and long rear valences, and of course GT rockers. List prices are a uniform $190 across the range. Perhaps these items could be "substituted in leau of" as the costs are even and make for quick math.

Perhaps with enough interest of say a certain amount of TOTAL pieces target 30 pieces or 15 ppl with 2 pieces per or some variance thereof.
Although I have not spoken to the Getty people personally about this yet, I couldn't see a problem in having some variance to the order.

At this time I have begun contacting them about all of the above and will get details hashed out.

Since I will be in Iraq for another 3 months I may need another clubber in the states to handle payment and shipping. That can be figured out later on.

So waddya say guys, are we ready for another one of these.
Twystd1
Some pictures or photo shop will tell a thousand words.

Just a thought.

Cheers and good vibes.
Clayton
McMark
I've never seen an LE valence with a GT oil cutout.
plymouth37
Someone should get a group price estimate, if it's good I would probably be in the market for some front and rear 'glass bumpers. My CF rear lid from them turned out fricken sweet.
geniusanthony
So I said what the hell I will get the ball rolling. Whoever wants what, post it in here which pieces how many of what basically.

I will coordinate with them to see whats up with volume necessary and prices and such

main post has been editted to ba a little clearer. I am still new at this so we will see how it goes.
roadster fan
The prices I see in their catalog say $230 for most pieces. I would be in the market for front and rear bumpers and maybe front and rear lids $$$.

here is a link to the catalog Getty Design Catalog

Jim
yarin
I'm would be in for F&R lids below the $200/ea range.
chris914
You guys should talk to this guy. His name is Jeff and he is really nice.

I bought his front and rear lids and I’m really happy with them.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZzeroQ2dkewl914
Lou W
QUOTE(chris914 @ Feb 17 2008, 12:40 PM) *

You guys should talk to this guy. His name is Jeff and he is really nice.

I bought his front and rear lids and I’m really happy with them.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZzeroQ2dkewl914

agree.gif I use to live around the block from him. Great guy. beerchug.gif
chris914
His number is Jeff at 909-260-7303 Tell him you got the number from Chris.
geniusanthony
OK, I'll bite. Has anyone had any firsthand experience with Jeff's work. I am sure it is fine. However, can we count on even gaps, and minimal hand fitting / waviness. Granted, when working with glass parts one can expect some fitting and or variance.

I chose to start this off dealing w/ getty as we have seen their work and also seen that they can deliver the volume.
I will attempt to contact Jeff, just in case. Until then if there are any more takers please add your

request description here

and we may figure something out. I do need something to go off of though when their sales rep. contacts me back. - -
Peace and Grease,
bandjoey
How do these compare with the ones always on ebay for about $135 each? I'm possibley in depending on the final price and if you convence me they're worth the money. What''s the history / experience with Getty products? What's your target date for ordering and delivery? Bill
ConeDodger
Fiberglass products can be very badly made. Getty is known for very good quality. if you are considering a group purchase and want to be happy with the result, I would try to stick with a known quantity. Getty.
plymouth37
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 17 2008, 09:25 PM) *

Fiberglass products can be very badly made. Getty is known for very good quality. if you are considering a group purchase and want to be happy with the result, I would try to stick with a known quantity. Getty.

agree.gif I would rather pay a couple more bucks for a product that I knew was high quality. Count me in if we buy from Getty.
geniusanthony
This was my original intent, if we may move on gents. List please.
thus far I have the following "maybe's".

1. Tony-Me for _alot
2. Dana-plymouth37_ bumpers
3. Jim-Roadster fan_bumpers/lids
4. TC-carr914_3xGT rockers
5. varin_bumps f/r
6. Chuck_Regular front end(I really dont think they make em w/out cutout, never seen it)
7. Your Name Here
chris914
I’m not for or against Getty. My car is for autocross use only. I wanted lightweight and good cost. I looked at Getty and read all of the forum reviews out there and everyone gives them the highest of ratings. $1400 for front and rear lids was just too much for me to pay. So I went with the $600 for both from Jeff and was very happy with what I received. A $800 difference was more then a couple of bucks for me. You just have to decide if his will meet your needs.

He is in Hemet CA maybe someone could stop by and take a look and talk to him.

I know that Sean just installed a set on his car. He traded his metal lids with someone for them.

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=75135&hl=

Is there anyone in San Diego that has the Getty lids. We could do a comparison of both and post picture for everyone.
yarin
I'd like to see a comparison of from both vendors for the hood/lids. $200/ea would be my limit. But if that's doable, put me down for 1 f/r.
Chuck
I'd be interested in a stock style (no oil cooler cutout) front bumper.
carr914
Chris, enough thread hijacking, he asked about a Getty Group Buy, not your buddies.

T.C.

ps. Getty stuff rocks - there is no substitute
chris914
He is just someone I bought some stuff from on ebay and found to be nice.

Sorry, didn’t mean to bum anyone out. Just trying to be helpful. It wasn’t my intension to highjack the thread. I wouldn’t post anymore on this thread. Take care, no worries.
geniusanthony
Sorry if I had gotten anyones hopes up but apparently Getty had a deal go sour regarding 914 parts and as such will not longer be offering group buys for our parts. At least that is the word I recieved from one of their sales persons.

Not a big deal really, they still make great stuff and at this point whats a fwe dollars more for parts ya know. Maybe another time.
carr914
If you would like me to make a call to try to help I will. I was in on a group buy a few years ago and had to make calls, due to my need of 911 parts as well. I think I spent more than 4k with them with all my parts. I do NOT want to be in charge, but will help if needed. I need 3 sets of GT rockers.

T.C.

Getty Products are great!

geniusanthony
wow, a carbon front everything, beautiful.

TC, If interest proves strong and we have a "no-bs" group who wants stuff, I will press them. They are after all a business who likes to make money. As is we only had what 5-6 people respond?

Thanks for the bump though and If we have interest we will figure it out.
gothspeed
Does anyone have pictures of these getty rockers installed ... smile.gif??
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2008, 08:23 PM) *

I was in on a group buy a few years ago and had to make calls, due to my need of 911 parts as well.
Getty Products are great!

QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Feb 22 2008, 08:37 PM) *

wow, a carbon front everything, beautiful.

Thanks for the bump though and If we have interest we will figure it out.

Thanks for the Memories

I don't think that Rocker Deal ever happened. Getty soured on Group Buys not to long after our 1st one ( which was pretty successful, but maybe not in their eyes). I've talked to them since with no success on Deals
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.