Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt trannies for CSOBs, How low can I go!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
So, I had some time to think between looking at peoples insides on the CT, MRI, echo, etc and falling asleep in the dark reading rooms, and I have come up with a proposal. For a limited time, duration unknown, I am going to offer rebuilt trannies for a rediculously low price. The rebuilds will be using good used parts out of my stash, and will have a 6mo/6000mi warranty. You will not find better quality for the price. Price includes: Parts (if you want new I can get for you), seal kit, labor and SHIPPING to the lower 48!

Price with core charge (I get a core, rebuild it and send it to you) = $915 ($200 core)

Price without core charge (you send me your REBUILDABLE core) = $715

I am keeping the core charges low so more will be motivated to just let me use stock on hand. That way I KNOW I have a good core to start with and there wont be any bad feelings when a core that is sent to me turns out to be FUBAR. I will also gladly sell anyone a core side shifter for $325 shipped, and I will inspect it and list a diagnosis of what it needs.

The Doctor needs money, my friend needs to clear out some space (his cores, not mine), and you CSOBs need a better shifting tranny! thumb3d.gif

For an extra $30 I will include 8 bolts, washers, wire, CV gaskets, and 2 conical screws for the install piratenanner.gif
Dr Evil
I may have one on the hook! A local guy as well so he just saved shipping and core charge smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Cool, good luck Dr. I hope lots of guys hit you up on this. driving.gif
michaelt55
PM sent Mike...
r_towle
lower the price by one dollar dummy!!!!!!

Rich
Dr Evil
Ok, $914 + $1 tongue.gif bootyshake.gif

I just crunched the numbers to see how low I could go, I missed the irony.
crash914
Sweet Deal....I am one CSOB though....
Kirmizi
Ya gots a PM Doc!! Mike
Trevorg7
Great deal. Dr. Evil's work is amazing; I'm running one of his rebuilds and it is sweet.

T
Dr Evil
I just heard back from I guy I rebuilt one for last year some time and he finally got around to installing it. He loves it! I like to hear when people are satisfied, otherwise I worry something went wrong....but I am on meds now biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
So far I have 4 maybies, but money talks and last time I tried this all but one bailed on me so if you are interested step on up smile.gif
blitZ
Doc rebuilt mine about a 1.5 years ago. I've been driving the snot out of it, between AX and spirited driving. Still smooth and solid. If you just ship the gear stack like I did, shipping is not bad. I recall it was $30 each way, GA to PA.

You cannot beat that deal. thumb3d.gif
carr914
I'm sending the the Doctor 9 trannies.

T.C.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 19 2008, 10:49 PM) *

I'm sending the the Doctor 9 trannies.

T.C.

Boy, if that dont sound wrong smile.gif
carr914
Get ready brother
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
Yikes, I am glad I am not rebuilding all of those for ya.
pete914
man, I would love to take advantage of this. Nowhere to park the daily driver though...no garage. Isn't there are writeup on removal of the transmission with the engine still in?
Dr Evil
Its not hard, I can walk you throught it.
Dr Evil
Hey Pete,
Where are you? I bet we could find a place for you to drop the tranny, but I never drop the engine and tranny unless the engine needs to come out as well. If you have a spot to park it for 2hrs (being generous with the time) and can jack up the rear you can swap the tranny.
Dr Evil
First check coming in, the line is 2 think, its not too late! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.