Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, so what do I do with these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
One of my neighbors brought these over to me and left them in my yard. He says he thinks they are from an early 911. Is there anything of value on these? If so, what are they worth?
Click to view attachment
degreeoff
They are worth the rear hubs (maybe?) and the Ebrake for a conversion....sell the hubs for $150 ish and the ebrake parts anothe $150...best case scenario.

My $.02
Cap'n Krusty
His idea of "early" is skewed. Late 70s, 80s, something like that. I don't see enough 911s anymore to remember. Seems to me the hubs with the centering profile are pretty late. They're aluminum, which didn't arrive until 1974. Somebody's bound to have a use for them. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
A fair amount of early 911 guys want to switch from the steel to aluminum control arms. If you sell off the handbrake parts they'll be of less value to the potential buyer. Besides, those handbrake assemblies are for the larger bearings and require a bit of work to fit onto our cars. Easier for a handbrake guy to look at a slightly earlier set-up.

Offer them on the Pelican 911 board.

One problem the potential 911 buyer may have is the rear shocks. The mounting geometry has changed from the early steel arms to these. The bolt on these is not only thinner but further back on the arm. The actual body of the 911 was changed in 74 to accomodate this, where the shock mount channels/tubes are angled to reflect the change in the control arm.

Some Koni's may not fit and, the early Koni's (because of the bolt size) would for sure have to change.

Again, offer them as is and sell on the Bird Board for $3-400
ahdoman
Thanks guys. So are these at least from a 74 and later 911?
PRS914-6
If there is a time that you want to convert to 5 lug you should keep them. A spacer is easily made for the wider bearing issue and the emergency brake can be adapted for use in a 914 with some fabrication.

If you have no intent in doing the above, Eric is right....list them on the bird board or e-Bay
914Sixer
Cap'n is correct they are later 911 because of the centering hub flange. 78-79 maybe later, I think they appeared with the 3.0 motor. Sell them complete.
PRS914-6
For adapting the 5 lug axle flanges to a 914 Read This Thread
KaptKaos
Too bad those don't work on 914s. That would be a sweet upgrade.
smontanaro
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Feb 18 2008, 07:11 PM) *

One of my neighbors brought these over to me and left them in my yard.

I should be so lucky. About all my neighbors ever leave in my yard is dog sh*t.

Skip
andys
Steve,

Bring 'em by my garage. I've got a set from an '89 Carrera that we can compare against. You shoulda mentioned something about them on Sat.

Andys
Eric_Shea
If there is a time that you want to convert to 5 lug you should keep them. A spacer is easily made for the wider bearing issue and the emergency brake can be adapted for use in a 914 with some fabrication.

I subscribe to a simple; "sell them complete and buy the right 68-73 rear hubs and handbrake assemblies with the money" theory. Or... mod a 914 hub.

No machining of spacers needed. No fabricating of the wrong handbrake parts needed.

Steve, keep in mind you'll be going down a very slippery (read: $$$) slope of 911 handbrakes and calipers etc. with a 911 hub.

-6 stub Axles?
944 stub axles?
CV's?
Custom Axle Mods?
Fabricating of handbrake systems?
Cables?
911 rotors?
Rear calipers?

All good stuff BUT; be mindful of it as you approach the edge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.