Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: decklid support conversion instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vespasoul
Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for doing the decklid support conversion aka. adding gas shocks to the rear deck lid
thanks in advance.
Lil D
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(vespasoul @ Feb 18 2008, 06:39 PM) *

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for doing the decklid support conversion aka. adding gas shocks to the rear deck lid
thanks in advance.
Lil D

they come with the kit purchased from our vendors in the vendor section. =)

or are you trying to put one together yourself?
vespasoul
i got the kit from a friend but it did not have the instructions with it.
alpha434
What kind of user name is "Vespasoul??"

Sorry. I can't help you on the gas shocks either. But it's a straight forward deal.
PeeGreen 914
Maybe he is one of those gay guys that races Vespas. av-943.gif
Sorry Chris... you asked for it.... av-943.gif
orange914
we got the kit but havent installed yet. i'll have to dig it up and see if there are any

mike
vespasoul
QUOTE(vespasoul @ Feb 18 2008, 09:56 PM) *

i got the kit from a friend but it did not have the instructions with it.

oh yeah now there is two of us
alpha434
You're pic's a little blurry. Is that a sport 100?

I was about to buy a blue badge to race this season.
alpha434
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 19 2008, 01:26 AM) *

Maybe he is one of those gay guys that races Vespas. av-943.gif
Sorry Chris... you asked for it.... av-943.gif

Careful. You might offend him.

chair.gif
PeeGreen 914
Well hopefully he sees that we are a good community that likes to give each other sh!t. biggrin.gif
HAM Inc
Maybe they're a couple of old Mods.
2-OH!
Contact Craig at Camp 914 and he will probably fax or E-Mail you a copy...

2-OH!
vespasoul
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Feb 19 2008, 12:33 PM) *

Maybe they're a couple of old Mods.

as a matter of fact i am

the bike is p200 raced in ASRA for about 5 years in stock and specials class

and i've been a member here since april of '06, i don't mind the joking at all. as long as you don't mind gettin a little back from time to time. (hehehe)
alpha434
The p200 in my pic was for stock competition. The modified competition p200 was well... Scary.

Last season was my first year scootering. I had never raced them, or even ridden one. But one of my buddies takes 1st place every year out here. I went out to a race with him on a whim. He lent me a prepped scooter for the season. And whatever else I wanted/needed for the season.

He actually showed me how to ride in the parking lot, away from the other scooter-racers. He didn't want them to know I was a total rookie.

Ten minutes later, I'm out on the track whoopin' ass. Made 5 passes my first race. And 4 passes running a stock bike in a modified group next race. Didn't wreck. No errors. Smooth passing. My buddy wrecked a borrowed Sprint Veloce really hard. During practice, I gave some of the sport bikes a really hard time. The track out here is really short, with not a lot of passing area. So if you get really slow and low on the apex, the sport bikes would have to downshift all the way, and wouldn't be able to get through the gears in time to pass you before the next corner. Until they decide to do something dangerous to pass you.

Really fun to race. I'd never ridden motorcycles before or anything either.
vespasoul
right on what does your racing schedule look like for this year?
tracks914
I installed mine, which the instructions required cutting away part of the trunk as in the picture. It works fine. A few months later, I saw ajracer's installation where he installed his further back, he didn't cut his trunk and they still work great. Look into it first before you install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.