Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 days left, ebay /6 at 19.5K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Seems to be going for a good price....still under reserve. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2452815706

Not bragging but,,,,,I did predict that it would go for more than 20K.....looks like it will.
redshift
The reserve will not be met @ 20k.

M
SP9146
The seam sealer around the access plug looks very similar to my factory six. When I first saw the photos of the ebay car it looked odd and in my mind's eye the seam sealer on my car was more like the 4-cyl. 914 pics posted.

Today I double checked my car which has an all original rear trunk. See for yourself, seam sealer more heavily applied than on the 4-cyl. models and very much like the yellow car.

I bet the ebay car breaks $20K but doesn't meet reserve. This looks like a very nice car. Has anyone seen it?

The seller "Purer" had a mint original 1969 Mercedes 280SL on ebay last year. If I remember correctly it sold for about $45K, you rarely see them go for more than $35K. He seems to find some fine cars.
vortrex
the seam sealer issue is a joke. here is the trunk of the 38k mile car that was listed here for sale recently, original owner. I imagine this is from the factory also.

http://www.eckertmotorsport.com/forsale/Dscf0004.jpg
hargray2
were those holes used during assembly at the factory?
redshift
Yes.

M
Eric_Shea
I love the "Bassakward" Story...

To final attempt to turn things around was to mount a real, 6-cylinder Porsche powerplant instead of the Volkswagen's. Named 914-6, the now quite potent 914 approached Porsche 911 performance but also its price territory. That again proved to be unfortunate and fatal. Few buyers felt the urge to spend serious money for a 914-6; instead they paid a few bucks more and bought a much more prestigious 911!

Final attempt? Awwwwwwe how "Unfortunate and Fatal" probably spelled the death of the 914 I'd imagine...
The Porsche 914-6 presented for auction here, VIN *9140431875*, was built in May of 1970
That was a final attempt in 1970?

Satin Yellow (paint code 29)
happy11.gif Satin Yellow or Satan Yellow... thought 29 was Canary Yellow.

Certainly a VERY nice ride but all the whacked out sales hype makes me want to grab my wallet and run...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.