Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I buy these dual weber 40's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete914
$275 shipped...worth it? Seems like the best price I've seen...condition is listed as very good. includes linkage, manifolds, air cleaners. No pics available.
going on a 1.8L to replace my single carb setup
Let me know
hydroliftin
QUOTE(pete914 @ Feb 19 2008, 09:54 AM) *

$275 shipped...worth it? Seems like the best price I've seen...condition is listed as very good. includes linkage, manifolds, air cleaners. No pics available.
going on a 1.8L to replace my single carb setup
Let me know

Depends on who rebuilt them. I spent over $300 to get a pair rebuilt, and expect they will still run well after 4 years, so if everything was done right you should have a good deal there. If the engine they came off of is similar to yours, you may get away without a lot of re-tuning.
PeeGreen 914
Sounds like a good deal. They generally go for 400 and up for a good set.
brer
is this from a member here?
degreeoff
Beware the 'good deal', BC if it sounds too good to be true........it normally is. If you can pick them up...by all means.....if its a pay now ship after.....caveat emptor (sp?)
pete914
Not a member on here. evilbay.
Good point about the tuning. I was actually wanting to rebuild them just so that I could understand each component's function in better detail. Really love the analog stuff in a world of computers...
Anyway, I think I'm going to take my chances. I've noticed though that ICT single barrels without a choke are a little cheaper and might work for my application (moderate performance/daily driver). Anyone using those on his/her teener? Sound nice and simple...
pin31
I would go with dual Webers 40s.

I saw a thread on here not too long ago about inferior bargain Webers (you should check it out).

If I were you, I would buy from someone here...I think you'd be better off in the long run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.