Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I raise it, and undo it later, easily?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trscott
Here's a question that I don't imagine comes up much for a 914:

Is it possible to non-destructively raise the ground clearance on a 914 a couple inches? I mean, I know that anything is doable, but is there an easy way to do this that would be relatively easy to undo later? Can you do this without messing with the camber and track and so on. I am sure it is more common to want to lower it.

I am considering getting my first 914, a project car described elsewhere here, but this will be a daily driver and I have to drive on a couple miles of dirt/gravel road every day, including a long steep winding rutted dirt/gravel driveway. There is no traffic to speak of, so I can take those couple miles as slow as I want, but there are some potholes and things, and if I could get just a bit more ground clearance it would help a lot.

On a bug, you can just move the swing arm one spline on the torsion bar. I know the suspension is different, but is there any easy way to do something similar?

A lot of my driving is on nice winding (paved) country roads that would be a lot of fun in a 914, even raised a couple inches. I really don't think I would push it so hard that a small raise would hurt anything. I do understand that raising it works against optimum handling.
messix
front torsion bars can be adjusted with the adjuster bolt look under you'll see it . the rear coil overs could be spaced up with rubber coil spacer found in junk yards.

all the above would throw the alinement off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.