Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Rebuild - Almost There
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I rebuilt my 1.8 over the Winter and added bigger P&C's new cam and Webers. Almost have her back together - almost ready to bolt up the tranny and exhaust and put it in the car. Will be putting back in the car shortly and want to know what I should do? Any articles ot tips? I am a novice and would hate to see 4 months of work ruined by a stupid mistake.

Thanks!
type47
do you know about the cam break-in procedure? use break-in oil, static timing good enough, run engine at least 20 min at 2500 rpm... (if this data is wrong, please correct)
HAM Inc
Before you start it spin it over with the sparkplugs out to prime your system. It's best to do this with everything ready to go so once you've spun it over and have oil pressure you can screw in the spark plugs (with a light coating of never-seaze applied to the threads) hook up the plug wires and fire it up before the oil drains back to the sump. Follow the cam break in proceedure and look for oil leaks while listening for gremlins. If in doubt about anything shut it down and investigate. Ask more questions if needed.
Good luck Vance!
davep
Jake had one or two sessions on 4th dim radio on this subject. That might be worth obtaining. Just filling with oil can be a tricky subject.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.