Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weather forecast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
How's the weather look for Sundays used-to-be-Dunkels swap meet? I'm looking at a 50% chance of rain up here on the central coast. Is this a rain or shine kinda thing? Or will it be canceled for rain?

Chears, Elliot
Kargeek
Maybe a few showers...

OC Weather

I'm sure it's rain or shine...

jim_hoyland
Looks now that Saturday will be wet and clearing Sunday....Do they carry on if it rains ? I think it rained a couple of years ago at the Long Beach meet .

There's a great place down the street near Bristol if it gets wet; Durdy Nellies--an Irish joint--been there ?

SLITS
Well, the parts should be cheap. All those sellers polished the rust off and now it will be worse. Besides that, the parts will be wet .... that otta be good for a 50 - 75% discount.

Have a good time .... I ain't goin'.
ahdoman
Hey Ron I though you and Thomas were sharing a space? I'm bringing all my extra dollars to spend....both of them.
SLITS
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Feb 21 2008, 07:19 AM) *

Hey Ron I though you and Thomas were sharing a space? I'm bringing all my extra dollars to spend....both of them.

Thomas should be there with Dan I think. Glenn and I were going to share a spot but he's going to Disneyland. The "Used to be Dunkles" is not worth the gas and time to me anyway.
tango-52
Well, I've been here since 8 a.m. and only two other teeners have paid the $20 to park. in close. It is drizzling but not too bad. Picked up a carpet kit, ultimate sound pad, and a 914 book. Lots of cars to look at.
Cap'n Krusty
It's warm and mostly sunny here in Santa Maria, and I got to sleep in 'til 10:30. Made some money at the WARM and DRY lit show, selling CLEAN stuff, mostly to people who didn't try to grind me down. Got to slap a few people with my BADITUDE. Met a lot of OLD people who look a lot like people I used to know 30-40 years ago.And my driving's done for the weekend ............ Parts Heaven in June, GAF in September!

The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
Just got back from the swap meet. Despite a very rainy morning, there was a good turnout at the swapmeet. THOMAS and Alberto set up; saw Bruce Stone set up; Leamon,Dan, Elliot,Sean Curtis, Steve Abrams were there ( nice score on the front end Leamon ! ). Picked up some CV joints in original boxes, 5 lug spaces, and the oil sender plates with original wiring ( including the little metal tabs) .

Pelican, Stoddard, Assai ( sp), and North Hollywood Speedometer were there. There had a fancy-smancy caterer selling breakfast too. Lots of 356's ( they sp0ncer the event), 911s, a couple 914's on display.

Turned out to be a great day --sorry, my camera still doesn't have batteries.
Steve
I was there but I only saw two other 914's. One stock 914 except for the Riviera rims and another six conversion. It was worth going but I was hoping for more. GTS seats said they were coming and they were a no show. Half the swap spaces were empty.
PBritain
i was there, i dont know what any of ya'll look like so i couldnt really say hi haha.

the yellow and orange early 911, was awesome, as was the yellow 914 with the 6 conversion and widebody kit.
tango-52
I drove the Phoenix Red (orange) 914 with the black nose bra and Corbeau seats. I was wearing a tan leather jacket and a black hat that said "Infidel".
spunone
I'm waiting and saving my monies for the REALLY BIG 914 Swap in Beautiful Riverside Ca. aint that right Slits piratenanner.gif
jim_hoyland
Is that in April ?

QUOTE(spunone @ Feb 25 2008, 12:15 PM) *

I'm waiting and saving my monies for the REALLY BIG 914 Swap in Beautiful Riverside Ca. aint that right Slits piratenanner.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.