Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-wheel alignment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wanna9146
Do are cars have an adjustable rear-end? I know 911's do, but whadda 'bout our 914's? I looked in the manuals, but didn't see anything about a rear-end or 4-wheel alignment. confused24.gif

PeeGreen 914
Yes they do. You stack.. or un-stack shims on the rear trailing arm. You can also adjust for toe. Do a search and I am sure you will find something on it.
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Feb 19 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Do are cars have an adjustable rear-end? I know 911's do, but whadda 'bout our 914's? I looked in the manuals, but didn't see anything about a rear-end or 4-wheel alignment. confused24.gif

yes actually they do. there are three bolts at the trailing arm where it mounts to the body. there you have spacers to adjust your camber and the wheel moves side to sid a little when you loosen them up. if your rear end looks level and untampered with i wouldlnt recomend getting into and changing it unless you absolutly know how to do it. my car sat funny in the back. the right rear wheel sat almost straight up and down whereas my left rear wheel sat out at the bottom. had to take out a spacer on the right. i think the last owner had it set up for circle track. idk y it only had a weak 2.0. ran bad. and then i pulled the tires as close to the fenders to get as much toe in as i could becuz i have no real way of aligning the # of degrees i want. but it stays straight and no pulling and its nice and tight in the twisties
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.