Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
just had my floors replaced and there was considerable damage underneath where the battery was, near the suspension. my question is...can i move the battery to the front or rear trunk and how easy or difficult, time consuming, money consuming is this?

thanks
PeeGreen 914
It's really not that hard at all. You just need to buy cables and hold downs for where you are going to put it. I would just keep it where it is and buy a gel cel battery. You won't have the same problem with one of those. The reason I don;t want to change location is that it will change the weight balance. Just a thought.
Challe
As Phoenix says above, if you move it, consider the weight alternation. I didn't wanted to move it to the front mostly because I dont want that long power cable so my solution was to move it as little as possible but still in a dry place so it went to the back trunk to the right a quick easy solution, but today I would propably go for the gel battery solution.
Click to view attachment
swl
I agree with the gel cell in the original position. You do not want your starter cranking power coming down the length of the car. That's unfused high current.
alpha434
LOL.

Passenger seat is where the car is most misbalanced... And they don't really need all that leg room, do they?
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2008, 11:58 PM) *

The reason I don;t want to change location is that it will change the weight balance. Just a thought.

Yes, but that change would be for the better. The stock location has a very high center of gravity and the car weight is biased to the rear. Moving the battery to the front would be the best option in terms of weight distribution and balance. If you use heavier cables and the starter relay kit the cranking should be no problem.
McMark
agree.gif Gel cell in the stock location. Unless of course your car is a race car (no, a REAL race car). The "better weight distribution" argument is not really applicable on a street car, even though it is valid.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Feb 21 2008, 03:48 AM) *

LOL.

Passenger seat is where the car is most misbalanced... And they don't really need all that leg room, do they?

Yes, this would be the best location as the cornerbalancig would be much better here. I am going to the motorcycle batery type in the stock location. I know it is higher, but it does ofset the oil tank a little.
Elliot Cannon
Mount it here. Where it belongs. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.