Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikester
Hey there, yesterday I saw a 914 here in santa monica that I had never seen before. It was off green, maybe a little pearl - it wasn't Kevin's (kdfoust) car - not as bright green as his.

Said 1.8 on the back, looked like a '74 but I think it had a 2.0 from the tail pipe...looked like a stock 2.0 muffler. I was gassing up at pico and 14th and he was at the light. I followed him for a little while but then I had to turn....it was a long haired guy.

Anyone?

Had an otto's frame around the tag.
campbellcj
There's a guy named Steve with a car kind of like that; a delphi green 1.8 converted to a 2.0, with an Ottos license frame But he doesn't have long hair confused24.gif

I saw a 914 under a cover in Topanga Cyn the other day too. There are quite a few around here that don't seem to be represented on the web board(s).
mikester
Yes, I see them around here on the west side at least once or twice a week. Ones I know and ones I don't.

I like it but most of them look better than mine.
KaptKaos
Long hair? Obviously not me =)

Mine's orange anyway. I don't get to the PRSM much anyway.

Mike - give me a call this week.

- Joe
campbellcj
Hey Joe - is your car the one that is often parked by the LAX police station by any chance?

(If not -- that is another 914 sighting. It's a really clean car.)
KaptKaos
That was an unfortunate incident and the guy was already .... oh. um. nevermind.

Kidding, no that's not my car. I can be seen driving from Westchester to downtown a few days a week.

Chris, you have seen my car. I was at your house after the Porsche thing in Ventura. I followed you (too closely - damn sticky tires you got) from there to your house. You guys lost me on the twisties (a stock 1.7 just ain't that quick).

Anyway, not mine. But it's always fun to see others driving around in theirs.

Ever ntoice that you see more 914s when you are driving your other car(s)?

Be good

- Joe
campbellcj
Joe - OK now I made the connection. Sometimes people's screen names throw me for a loop and I forget who they are confused24.gif
rick 918-S
You guys need to carry a club sticker with you.... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.